tank leak???? Please help a buddy out..... :(

OK so I am picking this beast up today. My question is....my tank only has 75 gallons....I need to make up and add another 75 gallons to my tank. With 50% of my water being new, and new sand., am I going to go through a cycle or will my fish stress and possibly die? I have some awesome fish. Also, I put my tank all in buckets and then dump back in new tank?

I thinks you should be fine. I had the same happen to me around christmas. Tank started leaking, had to drain and reseal. After curing I added all new live sand, but all my old live rock. I also only used half my water and all was fine. As long as your live rock stays "alive" things should be good.

Before worrying about other things, make sure this time that the tank is at least level! OR the same could happen again! Good Score btw. That aquadyne octopuss 3000 is a great tank computer. I had one back in the 90's. How many satalites did you have with it?

I would definitely get into a new one soon. I had my 120 leak on the bottom about 6 months ago. Didn't catch it until I was doing some early a.m laundry in the basement and had water leaking from the floor above where there were no pipes. Got up to the living room and had about 30-40 gallons leaked out. A big mess and lots of coral loss. Unfortunatley I didn't get any salt creep warnings.
So if you can get into an new tank soon, I would

There is a box of components all for it. I have 3 boxes full of uv's, heaters, pumps, controllers. My 75gal has a complete reefkeeper setup as well with 4 power strips, probes and net. Yes, I will have it perfectly leveled!!!!

Thanks!!! This time I would like an expert or someone experienced come by, do the transfer, level the tank and get everything going in the new tank. Any recommendations?

Thank you everyone!! Does anyone know who I can have drill 3 holes in the back of this tank for drains and return? Also anyone that does tank transfer and setups?

Yeah I will call around. Ocean state aquatics wants $75 to do a quote outside of RI...so I would have to find someone in Mass

I have a tube of aquarium safe silicone if you want to try it may. Says you can use it in or out of water. Same stuff is Available at home depot for about 8 bucks. Im Medford or go to your local store. It's the green and black dap tube.

Back