tank sizes

doog

Non-member
reducing size of the tank have a 240 acrylic

want around 75-100 reef setup

looking at rimless recomndations on shape sizes?

30x30x25

glass cages has a nice rimless like the demensions alsquality of tanks from them?

glass cages has a nice rimless like the demensions alsquality of tanks from them?

Their quality can be hit or miss. I am happy with the tank I got from them but I have seen others that aren't as ggod. If you go with glass cages I would suggest maybe getting black silicone, they may do a cleaner job since it would be so noticable.

I have been doing a lot of research on this myself. Keep in mind I will openly admit as one year into the hobby I am not familiar with a lot of the options out there for manufactures. Seems to me there are quite a few manufacturers out there on the web that are absolutely ridiculous. A glass cages 48X36X25 rimless with star fire glass on three sides, double braced, reef ready, overflow covers, black silicone, drilled etc. is about 1100.00 delivered to Boston. The same set up for some other customs is about two or three times the money. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for…ONLY TO A CERTAIN DEGREE! I will not pay triple the price for a neater silicone bead. As MikeG said I think if you order with black silicone they may do a better job where it would be so noticeable

http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=OrderForm&sProdID=RLAQ_190Wide

Last edited:
Apples & Oranges as far as Elos and CG's are concerned I think. I'm by no means bashing CG's but seem you hear a lot more negs than positives and beyond just the bead. I'm also a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and in this case I feel it's the AMG Mercedes & the Made in Mexico Jetta.

I'm in the market for a new tank myself and very similar to the size customclimates describes.The elos 150 gallon is more than $3000 and that doesn't include shipping! Think of the equipment and livestock that the extra $2000 could buy. I personally think people only buy Mercedes so they can tell and show people the drive a Mercedes.:D

I heard a lot of negative about GC but mostly for how the tanks look. I have not yet heard a GC tank fail.

Didn't Yaktop get his 240 from aquarium obsessed?That's a pretty sick tank!I think the most used comment for Glass cages that I have read is "hit or miss" man I would hate to shell out $1100 and "miss"

I'm glad I have another 4 or 5 months before I have to decide on who's gonna build my tank.

If you do go through GC make sure you give us the feedback and pics.

Apples & Oranges as far as Elos and CG's are concerned I think. I'm by no means bashing CG's but seem you hear a lot more negs than positives and beyond just the bead. I'm also a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and in this case I feel it's the AMG Mercedes & the Made in Mexico Jetta.

I would also like to add that in no way did I mean to say that GC is the way to go. Nor did I mean to sway someone’s opinion from purchasing an elos tank or any other from a LFS as 100% they are awesome tanks. :) It is just that I personally feel that Glass Cages offers the most bang for the buck in the research that I have personally have done. When the time comes (soon I hope) that I am ready to commit & order my tank I will order from GC! :D

I would also like to add that in no way did I mean to say that GC is the way to go. Nor did I mean to sway someone’s opinion from purchasing an elos tank or any other from a LFS as 100% they are awesome tanks. :) It is just that I personally feel that Glass Cages offers the most bang for the buck in the research that I have personally have done. When the time comes (soon I hope) that I am ready to commit & order my tank I will order from GC! :D

I would also like to add that I would have to go w/ CG's or something similar as well, I was just stating that if you can swing it then go for it. :)

I was quoted $3500 for an Elos System 120....and that is an 80gal tank. That price is for the whole system not just the tank. It also did not include shipping.

aquariums for you

actaully getting prices from them as we speak

we will see I am in no rush so we will see what I end up with

Back