Tanked on Animal Planet

i compared to women gossiping ,not great words and ill retract them completely and appologies to all who were offended ,i dont see where i broke rules of ne sort .but people should stop hating and be greatfull we actually have a show ! if u really care about the fish do something thats actually gonna stop them from bieng collected , forums are supposed to be positive and this thread is completely negative wether tanked is garbage or not

idk i feel it went from good questions about the show to just bashing on the two guys but thatlle be enough from me

It's a TV show. How many people are gonna watch someone cycle their tank :rolleyes:? It's not like they're setting up reef tanks.

Personally, I could care less about how overstocked their tanks are and such...you think the guys at most Petcos are giving customers correct information.

I'll probabbly get heat for this but they're FISH. If one dies, you replace it. Granted I'll probably be the first to call the Tang Police but I also haven't loss a fish in over 10 years and mine are all fat and healthy.

I'll still watch the show for entertainment purposes.

I'll probabbly get heat for this but they're FISH. If one dies, you replace it.

I agree with you Anthony. I bet the same people that rant and rave on the well being for their livestock don't think twice about eating seafood. lol Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to say people should just take on any pet carelessly without researching it first and being sure they can provide it with proper care, whether it be fish, dogs, cats, etc.

I rant and rave, and I will eat more seafood in one sitting than a person should lol... as far as im concerned, catch the fish, slice the side off of it right there, and throw some wasabi on it! and I am about as happy as can be, no joke ;) lol

I feel like the industry is advancing and maybe they are ahead of the times with what they are doing...... Lets admit that their are alot of stubborn old time reefers around that may not wanna try something new and not proven .....and that's fine. I understand ur tank is running fine so why try to use new products and destroy what u have. But let's not bash people who are using some new product that may be working. For all we know a company like seachem may be a sponsor for them pushing a new product

For all we know a company like seachem may be a sponsor for them pushing a new product

What new product?
Where's the plug for this new wonderful miracle cycling additive?
The simple fact is the network doesn't care to inform the viewers that you can't simply dump fish in a tank.(a 20 second disclaimer)
This show is really about the TA DAH and WOW factor.Yes it's entertaining and the folks on the show are likeable.
I will probably continue to watch it,for the wow factor(sarcastic).Wow did they really do that?

Well in my eyes, there's a difference between killing goldfish that are a dime a dozen, and killing LARGE RARE saltwater fish that are less common. If you catch 100 copperbands and 50 die, the other 50 will be expensive, but if 75 die, the price goes up even higher. Why not practice good fishkeeping to keep the losses down that way things don't continue rising in price? I'm sure they kill fish daily that we would have to be on a list for years to just get a chance to buy. Again not saying it's their fault, its part of life and part of their job, but i do feel like it could be avoided, and easily so.

Oh and just wanted to throw out there, I don't eat seafood at all. =] Though not because of my love for fish, it's because of my dislike for the smell and flavor of anything from the ocean.

Last edited:
What new product?
Where's the plug for this new wonderful miracle cycling additive?
The simple fact is the network doesn't care to inform the viewers that you can't simply dump fish in a tank.(a 20 second disclaimer)
This show is really about the TA DAH and WOW factor.Yes it's entertaining and the folks on the show are likeable.
I will probably continue to watch it,for the wow factor(sarcastic).Wow did they really do that?

I'm just saying I don't doubt that there will be a cycling product that accutally works in the near future....

I'm just saying I don't doubt that there will be a cycling product that accutally works in the near future....

I've heard there already is,but it's not cheap.
Mark from Marco Rocks used to swear that Turbo Fritz worked.And I've heard good things about the product on other sites.
The thing is,Tanked,should say something about how a tank needs to have some type of biological filtration...........but they don't.
It's dump in water,salt,start the filtration add fish..........ta Dah!
It would be like watching Dual Survival on Discovery channel and coming back from a commercial break to see they have fire,food and shelter,but never know how they did it.lol
That's my only problem with this show.It's misleading.

"my dislike for the smell and flavor of anything from the ocean."

See what happens when you get "tanked", you end up with one in your bedroom...

There actual is a product that the stubborn old reefers keep to themselves, well actually there are a few things not all products though.

the first time i set up a saltwater tank(fish only tank).
i bought a 40 breeder complete and brand new ,with 2 aquaclear 70s and a perfectoflow ug filter,a couple aquaclear 70 pwr heads and a marineland heater .i had no idea what sumps were at all at the time .ne ways i bought 50 pounds of dolomite gravel put it all together and filled with pre mixed saltwater ,(no ro) tap let it sit for a day threw in a power head and mixed the salt,also had no idea what rodi was where to get ro had no idea about this water .after it was clean and evrything settled i went to my lfs the next day with a water sample it tested 0 ammo 0 nitrite 0nitrate ,so we went downstairs to his saltwater room and he siphoned a 2gallon bucket of this chocolate milk looking liquid he also threw in some of his gravel (to seed mine)and told me to pour this in my tank .i went home poured it and waited till the following morning my tank was cleaner than before my water looke great .took a water sample to him it tested the same again and he said to pick some fish took home two clowns .he said i would need fish in there to keep feeding this chocolate milk he gave me ,with in a week i had a nice brown crust on the top of my gravel ,tested my water thought this was bad again great water quality .ever since ive always done this to keep fish and again fish only or fowlr never with corals i have never tried corals . and ive been able to keep anyfish ive desired especially the hard to keeps and ive sold some here on this forum for proof just incase. but thats how i got into this hobby and got to throw fish in my tank i still do this and have learned alot since my first tank so just take that to note before u say ne thing about my methods cus they are completely different ,different equipment different evrything except for the chocolate milk part . hope i didnt ramble on to much and u all understand what im saying

lets put 73 clowns in the same tank. yea that sounds like a good idea.

other than the fish stocking the tank looks pretty good

Back