teaching a tang

FOXYB

reefer madness
any one have any tips on teaching a tang to eat nori off the clip?
ive tried soaking it in garlic, rubber-banding it to a rock where it normally grazes

it accepts frozen (which has small pieces of nori in it) grazes on LR and will eat the nori if its is cut up by the power head :rolleyes: but not from the clip or rubberbanded

thanks
bijan

my spotted kole tank eats 99% meaty food and if I put in Nori it usually breaks apart and floats around before he finds it. I HAVE seen him eat from it, so he knows its there, but just doesnt go nuts for it.

I want to buy a vlamingi or powder blue tang this weekend, maybe if there is another tang in there he can teach my Kole what life is all about!

lol nice paul

It's a powder blue tang also have a tiny tomini tang neither will bite from it

lol I think the PBT is a youngin seeing as he's only 2 inches and the tomini is about the size of a half dollar .... Kids these days:rolleyes:

If it eats flake then it will eat the Nori, Cut / tear it in to small pieces and feed it in the tank like you feed flake try that first.

Paul's derailing powers are un-surpassed :p :D

How much food does the tang have, (ie algea) access to? Is it wild caught? I found with hard eaters that jamming the nori in the rocks at first got them used to it. Then once they were begging for it it didn't matter how it was added to the tank

How much food does the tang have, (ie algea) access to? Is it wild caught? I found with hard eaters that jamming the nori in the rocks at first got them used to it. Then once they were begging for it it didn't matter how it was added to the tank

I was going to suggest that but Greg beat me to the punch... I'd jam some into a chunck of LR rubble, and maybe put a rubberband around it to keep it in there. (attach a length of fishing line to the rock so you don't have to reach in to get it back out for new nori)

Also, have you tried more than one type of Nori? Might have more luck with another flavor.

If it eats flake then it will eat the Nori, Cut / tear it in to small pieces and feed it in the tank like you feed flake try that first.
funny you say that some ripped off the clip when i was switching it and went right thru the mp40 and they all went nuts for i havent tried flake but hes loving the frozen mixture im feeding

hes pretty much removed the small amount of algae that had grown, and i do believe it is wild caught, ill try to shove it in a different spot

I was going to suggest that but Greg beat me to the punch... I'd jam some into a chunck of LR rubble, and maybe put a rubberband around it to keep it in there. (attach a length of fishing line to the rock so you don't have to reach in to get it back out for new nori)

Also, have you tried more than one type of Nori? Might have more luck with another flavor.
ive done the rubber band idea but the fishing line is pure genius!
i didnt know there was different types of nori i just got the sushi grade one from the supermarket, also have the two little fishes algea sheets both seem the exact same in different packaging.

Back