Tech 45 LED build

Cheetos

7 Gallon Cube
We wanted to bring the 45 gal upstairs where there is no air conditioning and didn't want to deal with the tank getting too hot this summer from the existing halide so I gave in and built another LED setup for this tank. Now all three tanks are running diy builds. I also wanted to keep the existing Aqualight fixture that goes so well with this tank so I had to do a few modifications to get this to work. I removed the original 150w halide and reflector and added a heatsink the exact same size to take it's place. This new light is running on Meanwell P drivers and the new light controller from rapidled. Enjoy!

The heatsink drilled, tapped, and polished
DSC_0268.jpg

LEDs mounted
DSC_0287.jpg

Testing them with 60 degree optics
DSC_0300.jpg

The Aqualight fixture
DSC_0303.jpg

The light gutted
DSC_0309.jpg

LEDs installed
DSC_0310.jpg

Back together and another test
DSC_0312.jpg

And the final product
DSC_0325.jpg

An all blue shot
DSC_0331.jpg

Sure is alot of guts in those fixtures,you didnt have much room to spare.Very creative...nice work!

Update. I just added two 3 watt red LEDs to the fixture. Some of the corals were looking a little off color. The reds definitely make a huge difference in bringing out those colors again!

you did a great job with that light modification/customization/led build :) well done, very cleanly done as well

Back