Thanks to the BRS folks that helped me load my loot!

Randy Holmes-Farley

BRS Member
Thanks again to everyone that helped me load the 90 gallon tank and stand that I won at MACNA! Putting it into my minivan with all your help was a heck of a lot easier than getting it into my house alone. :D

As far as I can tell, the 30+ fish are all still alive in various containers in my basement. We're planning to set it up as a FOWLR tank.

Thanks again.

:)

good score randy.....30+fish in a 90 wow!!! good thing they were only in it for the weekend....

Many hands made for light work. Besides, Scott Merrill is a pro at that kind of thing. It'll be cool to see the pics.

Very nice Randy. How do you like the "wavey" look?

Looks Great Randy. I like the lines in the wall idea to hook it into the main system.

Jeff

How do you like the "wavey" look?

I think that initially folks think it is cool. I hardly notice it anymore. :)

I like the lines in the wall idea to hook it into the main system.

I hope that works out OK. :)

Great tank, Randy. I agree it is great to hide all the plumbing everything and have a simple displaytank with the benefit of a full reef. With that in mind, why run the bio-wheel filters? with a 30% change per day, would wastes build up? If so, you could obviously increase the exchange rate.

Great tank, Randy. I agree it is great to hide all the plumbing everything and have a simple displaytank with the benefit of a full reef. With that in mind, why run the bio-wheel filters? with a 30% change per day, would wastes build up? If so, you could obviously increase the exchange rate.

I figured that nitrate, phosphate, and organics would be dealt with by the water changing, but I just wasn't sure about ammonia, especially in a new setup that has a big fish load. Eventually, I'll probably remove the wheels one by one and let the rock and sand do the job. The way they turn, they also seem to be useful for aeration, but that's just a guess.

I'd like to have even more exchanging, but I'm limited by the max rate of the Reef Filler (30 gallons per day).

Why doesn't yours have an alge bloom like mine yet? .

It is called luck. I'm a very lucky guy. :D

Back