The 270 has been born......

Looks great Ed! I just read through the entire thread and you've made significant progress in the last few months. Love the open aquascaping, and those rocks are awesome. I have 4 lumanarcs and love them. Are you running 250s or 400s? Good luck with the rest of the project.

Daire

Looks great Ed! I just read through the entire thread and you've made significant progress in the last few months. Love the open aquascaping, and those rocks are awesome. I have 4 lumanarcs and love them. Are you running 250s or 400s? Good luck with the rest of the project.

Daire

nice to hear from you. on the verge of 400's. still undecided how to proceed :confused: :D

I've tried them all! I've had 400s for a while. They do give off alot of heat, but a fan running over my sump keeps the temp in range. I really didn't like the bright "white" of the 10 and 12Ks, so I ended up with all 20Ks. I really like them.

I've tried them all! I've had 400s for a while. They do give off alot of heat, but a fan running over my sump keeps the temp in range. I really didn't like the bright "white" of the 10 and 12Ks, so I ended up with all 20Ks. I really like them.

lets have a pic ........ havent seen for awhile.

Not ready for prime time. I had a lot of trouble over the summer when I was spending all my time building my pond. I lost a lot of my SPS. I'm re-building now - mostly with LPS and softies. Hopefully I'll have some nice stuff to show after Saturday's meeting.:)

pics of the back side and the stand, skinny room, but plenty of storage space. Only ballasts and reefkeeper II, upstairs, everything else in the basement.

Attachments

• IMG_0962 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0962 (Small).JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_0963 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0963 (Small).JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 829
the three sides of the raised panels are done, the lower upper panel flips up and currently held up with a 1x2, but hydraulic pistons will eventually be used. 1/8th acrylic sheet is all along the inside of the panels to eliminate any issues with splashing etc. against the wood. Still need to finish off with four more panels to the left, blend in the boodcase shelving to the right of the tank, ceiling moulding, chair rail moulding to feed off the bookcase shelf and of course a kick plate along the bottom. At least now I can watch that 56 screen without my sun glasses :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0964 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0964 (Small).JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG_0966 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0966 (Small).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 825
Wow the tank looks awesome, I love the cabinet great work. I'll be looking for more posts or pics as the tanks starts to grow up!!!!

I have not had much time over the summer to post on the boards, but I found some time and read up nice project Ed. I love the raised panels my whole house is that since my brother in law made custom cabinets for a living. Love to see the new tank in person sometime..

No too shabby there bud!
Looks like you got a couple of hours and a budlite or two into it. :)

Looking awesome I love the woodwork.

thanks me too!

Wow the tank looks awesome, I love the cabinet great work. I'll be looking for more posts or pics as the tanks starts to grow up!!!!

thanks, as time goes on will post as I go.

I have not had much time over the summer to post on the boards, but I found some time and read up nice project Ed. I love the raised panels my whole house is that since my brother in law made custom cabinets for a living. Love to see the new tank in person sometime..

anytime.......see now you have some ideas for another raised panel project :D

No too shabby there bud!
Looks like you got a couple of hours and a budlite or two into it. :)

yeh, lots of time and money into this. I told Joanne hopefully I stay in the hobby for awhile :rolleyes:

Gotta give alot of credit to my 85 year old dad, he's the expert behind the panels. :)

Looks awesome, Ed....(glad you gave props to the day for his contribution!!!) Still a pat in the back should go to you too of course!!;)

Simply magnificent. An effort that we can all hope to strive to duplicate. Also, next time my wife complains about my credit card bills, I can show her this thread. Kudos

Looks awesome, Ed....(glad you gave props to the day for his contribution!!!) Still a pat in the back should go to you too of course!!

I worship the day :D

Nice TV.

The tank isn't too shabby either :D

both are very entertaining, thanks.

Looking Good! Kinda empty tho

more to come. in due time. this will be stuffed before I know it. although this time I wont be thinking of upgrading. :rolleyes:

Simply magnificent. An effort that we can all hope to strive to duplicate. Also, next time my wife complains about my credit card bills, I can show her this thread. Kudos

thanks. do what I do, I pay the bills. takes more time but much less hassle. :)

Wow, I haven't seen this thread in a while. Nice job Ed! Not sure how deep the tank is, but I'm running 3 400 14k Ushios in Lumen Arcs over my 210(24x24x84) and I can't be happier as far as lighting goes. Nice crisp white color with a hint of blue. If I want more blue, I just turn on the VHOs for actinic. If you find yourself north of Boston, you're welcome to come take a look and see for yourself.

Back