Thinking of starting a saltwater tank where do I begin?

SMI

Non-member
I'm just kidding I know where to begin I know I no I said I said I would never build a saltwater ecosystem again but I have no choice my live planted freshwater is done and the best part of aquatic Hobbies is building a tank I mean it's ultra filtration/UV I'm dosing CO2 everything's copacetic pH high pH ammonia nitrate. I think I might have to convert my nursing tank with my little mini cherry shrimp/bumblebee shrimp to the main tank and start planing saltwater via my mini BioCube but my main concern is last time I did this I used to have to drive to New Hampshire with like six Homer buckets and fill it up with water and drive back with my wife and she wasn't pleased my last tank had hosting clownfish, oysters zoa's shrooms you name it I have a funny feeling this tank is not going to have any of that that means said I still wouldn't mind having a little bit little saltwater world in my bed room first thing I have to do is lose the fluorescent bulbs converted myself to LED I'm not buying the Coralife LED conversion kit that's crazy the money they want for that I'll do it myself I'll get the Transformers I'll buy the LEDs but my question for you is should I install a 5 stage filter or where do I get the water? Oh and I got some live rock...
20171219_203041.jpg
20171219_203056.jpg
20171219_203116.jpg

Yeah buying salt and getting the rodi is well worth the gas you would save getting water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All set hitting all set I'll be hitting "Craigslist", Letitgo, Ebay etc. for a 5 stage filtration Ill plum it my self even though I live in an apartment....heheh.... Thanks for the advice. What kind of livestock can I expect mabey 1 fish and shroms, Emeralds, Zoa's, stars, horseshoe crabs or sea cucumbers and serpent stars and/or brittle star. Live sand and those creepy millipeds? LOL

Maybe a goby/shrimp pair, pair of clowns and a clean up crew. Is it the 29 gallon or 16 gallon?

Check out gobies, blenny’s and types of clowns. Coral, as much as you can fit, or go with several anemones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if I I'm going to do a saltwater I think I'm going to do one of those new rimless ones cuz I just love them so much I mean there's super expensive way out of my price range but I really like them so I figured I'd just you know by my time and I'm actually not a fan of tall tanks like a 40 or 50 short rather than like a tall or weird one look an octagon or hemispherical or both front or I mean nothing personal I mean if you like that that's cool but I'm just I just like longer or lower tanks you know so I think I'm just going to wait and just get I'm going to see if you know maybe one pops up here

Not to mention I hate to evict my cherry and Bumblebee shrimp they seem to like it in there if they are mentally ever grow I can beam them over to the main tank but but it seems no matter how much they eat they just stay the same little tiny a** size

Back