Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Apex

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 125g

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Konaroo

BRS Member
So Ive recently received a raise and a bonus at work. So I'm thinking about upgrading. I really like the cubes so either a 60 or 90 cube. I have a 29 gallon now with a prime hd and I think the spread would be good for a cube. I also thought about keeping what I have and getting an apex. What do you think?

So Ive recently received a raise and a bonus at work. So I'm thinking about upgrading. I really like the cubes so either a 60 or 90 cube. I have a 29 gallon now with a prime hd and I think the spread would be good for a cube. I also thought about keeping what I have and getting an apex. What do you think?
I don't think that one prime is going to cover a 60 or 90g. BRS has some real world tested specs.

If you’re gonna upgrade the tank size you’ll have to upgrade everything else too. Get the biggest tank you can afford/manage/fit in your house. More water volume is always gonna be better for stability.

Let me make a strong vote against a 60 cube. I've had one for like 7 or 8 years now and I hate it. The look is fine, but getting flow right in these things is a total PITA. I cannot wait to get rid of it...just waiting for the new home to be built. I would go rectangular shape all day.

Back