Those of you supplementing LEDs w/t5

I just ordered the 24" t5 retro kit from Bulk Reef with a coral plus and blue plus. Wanted a little more umph for the 60 cube I'll be setting up.

Thank you for all your input guys. Finished up the instal this eve.

Thank you Brian (psu4me) for the test bulbs. It works :)

Radions sit in those holes/pockets

723B43E7-0DEE-4E51-86C0-5D283975B212_zpsin7zuk6m.jpg

5B46ADB6-63E9-44B4-B2F4-F8D104EAE923_zpswo8baevm.jpg

EA77D588-7587-4206-8AD9-FE5195B7BC96_zpszexexmgi.jpg

It's refreshing to see people advance an already advanced setup! LEDs are like tuning a car, you can have all the best most expensive parts but if your are clueless how to tune them, nothing works right! Anyone can toss a mh setup on a tank and have success. I plan to add t5s to my radions to help with shadowing. I guess I could just blast the tank with some red hot mh's and let my electric bill go back up. Oh and re setup my chiller and spend the cost of my radions in bulbs and energy over the course of 2 years when my radions would still have plenty of life left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Jason, glad it worked. Nice DIY hood! Now you'll need some sticks to test it out :)

It's refreshing to see people advance an already advanced setup! LEDs are like tuning a car, you can have all the best most expensive parts but if your are clueless how to tune them, nothing works right! Anyone can toss a mh setup on a tank and have success. I plan to add t5s to my radions to help with shadowing. I guess I could just blast the tank with some red hot mh's and let my electric bill go back up. Oh and re setup my chiller and spend the cost of my radions in bulbs and energy over the course of 2 years when my radions would still have plenty of life left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol I actually thought this thread was going to make it without a mh/led debate! :cool:
Radions and T5's together are just about unstoppable IMHO....

Thanks guys.

Maximo, I think that's why I stick around in this hobby. There's is always something to do with this tank ;)

Brian the tanks jamm packed with sps, But mostly montis. I have a few acros and two of them are browned out. Seeing what I can do to turn that around and get them to color back up. I also have a major Anthelia/Xenia issue I'm working on.

So adjusting your LED lights makes you an expert in keeping a reef tank??? I hardly think just turning on a MH light means automatic success for your tank . There's a lot more to reef keeping than tinkering with lights IMO!

Back