Tisbe Pods

CoralJunkie

John
BRS Member
I added half a bottle of tisbe pods to a 10 gallon tank I setup to culture them I added phyto feast live and an air tube, I used water from my tank and I seen them in the 10 gallon last night but today I don't see any, does this mean they are all dead?

not sure if phyto feast is a good food for your Tisbe pods...from reading the detailed specs, the pods consume detritus and live in the sand bed (not positive tho..never used this stuff). Sounds like they would multiply in a fuge environment tied to your display. I would test the water for ammonia and nitrite. IMO, phyto feast mucks up the water and you can't tell if it is alive or not unless you look under a microscope.

Last edited:
I did the same thing however I did not use tank water - rather freshly mixed water at around 1.021. I also grow my own phyto and use that to feed and it has worked out good. For the air, 1 every 2 seconds is what I do.

Was everything cleaned well?

This is an old thread I've moved and started a new tank since but as far as the tisbe pods went it ended up working great, the population exploded after a few days

Back