Tisbe Pods

Bao

Non-member
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some Tisbe pods to seed my tank for a Mandarin fish. I went to Petco and saw some Reef pods but i didn't see anything moving at all even after using the magnifying glass. So i didn't buy any.
So if anyone know any local place that sell live Tisbe pods, please let me know.

Thanks

tropic isle sells reef pods. they are collected from warm waters which makes them perfect for the home reef. i got them to bring them in when i worked there.

Love the reef has them last time I was in and plenty. Tisebe pods are great to seed a tank but obviously you need a large refugium or tank fof if to really work. Tried dunling in four packages into a biocube with no luck then when I upgraded and added chateo to my sumo I have tons of pods.

Greg at Underwater World used to have them, not sure if he still does. I used to buy pods from Reefs 2 Go. Got a whole bunch for cheap. But for some reason they never took to my chaeto in my sump and instead al swam to the display and were eaten in a few weeks. Go figure. Not to mention Reefs 2 Go is notorious for DOA and missing shipments.

I kind of wanting to raise them in a separate container and feed the tank slowly. Went a different petco near my work place and again seeing some Reef Pods Tisbe for sale but only see a few moving. Like 1 or 2. Kind of disappointing. But there are so many Tigger pods and they are super healthy and moving around alot. Will go to Love The Reef and Unique Aquaria on friday to check them out.

if you want to raise your own i have done it before shoot me a pm and i will walk you through it

Thanks for the offer Joker. I just ordered some Iso and Nanno phytoplankton from Florida aqua farm. I will spend a few months to practice raising phytoplankton first. Once I am successful at it i will go for Pods. I will send you a PM for further instructions once i get to that stage

Back