Top 10 most unusual causes of death!

jovreef

I'm the girl
Figured I'd steal this idea from RC & hopefully help people prepair for something they had not thought of before it killed anything.

Sooo submit your most unusual fish or coral death causes please!

I'll start

mouse died in sump killing most of my SPS & poisening my clownfish making him swim irraticly.

I had a large Emperor Angel go completely blind after having him for 3+ years. He never had any infections or eye problems before. They remained completely clear. Because of this, he would bang into the glass and rocks and could not find food. All other fish in the tank remained in perfect health. He eventually just stayed in a cave where he knew he was protected and never came out to eat, not that he could find food anyway. He died a couple months after.

If anyone has ever had this happen to them, I would love to hear theories as to why this may have happened.

When I was first starting out with aquariums I had a 2" Arrowana unknown to me swim down my return line during maintenance. Needless to say, when I turned the Iwaki back on we had ground Arrowana.

well it is not very strange but more common then people realize.
i had a tank crash from a faulty heater in the sump. it was a glass heater and the seal just split enough for the water to get in and out. before i figured out what it was i had lost almost all of my corals. so the moral to the story is check your equipment routinely, especialy the stuff that is out of sight ( sump in the basement, under the cabinet etc )

Back