Tropic Marin Pro reef Issues | Condensed Threads

I'm not so sure. People are still losing it on other forums and TM refuses to admit there is an issue. They borderline insinuate that people not wanting salt from the new plant are xenophobic. Either way I haven't seen a recall notice.
:oops: My batch is almost done and im due to buy salt, i can say right now i will not be ordering tropic marin. Not bc i got screwed but just as a precautionary decision until TM is back on track

I'm not so sure. People are still losing it on other forums and TM refuses to admit there is an issue. They borderline insinuate that people not wanting salt from the new plant are xenophobic. Either way I haven't seen a recall notice.
No. It's not fixed. Here is one of my boxes from bulk reef. No batch number. Now does their statement hold up. Turkey or Germany germany or turkey. Lol. Their bigger problem now is the false statements....that will sink them. All they care about is money, not our animals....wake up.

Attachments

• 20220128_122139.jpg
    20220128_122139.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 20220128_122203.jpg
    20220128_122203.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 167
I asked brs what the latest was and they said to go fill out the Survey TM put out. I’ve got two empty buckets here that are from Turkey. Funny thing is my tank hasn’t responded like it should and I’ve had unexplained deaths so this is certainly a contributor.

Fire up the carbon!
I'm blowing thru carbon. New salt on fed ex truck in storm. Water all heated and made.

I lost an elegance, trachy, many sps frags, 4 pep shrimp etc, etc. need to see how this plays out but if my mixing barrels are contaminated, there goes $500 more
I've 8 months of death, nobody figured it out. Thousands. Stupid me never thought to look at salt.

It's interesting, because I'm a recent r2r poll they were the number one salt brand. I wonder if this will take them out. I know not everyone is on the forums, but I bet a lot of people who buy the most expensive brand of salt out there are on the forums.

It's interesting, because I'm a recent r2r poll they were the number one salt brand. I wonder if this will take them out. I know not everyone is on the forums, but I bet a lot of people who buy the most expensive brand of salt out there are on the forums.
The losses are huge, massive. No amount of money can take away the last 8 months of watching a tank that has perfect parameters die and I'm only one of thousands with the same journey. And the fact that BULK reef new this and so did tropic marin make it deplorable. My trust in bulk reef bottomed out also and many feel this way. Bulk reef can not locate we're these boxes and buckets came from and there are no batch numbers. Bulk reef needs to address this or they will go down right beside tropic marin. They need to support the reefing community. Their tanks are dying also.

The losses are huge, massive. No amount of money can take away the last 8 months of watching a tank that has perfect parameters die and I'm only one of thousands with the same journey. And the fact that BULK reef new this and so did tropic marin make it deplorable. My trust in bulk reef bottomed out also and many feel this way. Bulk reef can not locate we're these boxes and buckets came from and there are no batch numbers. Bulk reef needs to address this or they will go down right beside tropic marin. They need to support the reefing community. Their tanks are dying also.
Well, bulk reef isn't exactly a mom and pop operation anymore, that's for sure.

… Here is one of my boxes from bulk reef. No batch number…
My box of Pro reef is white and has the Made in country and batch number.

This box is from Bulkreefsupply. I usually buy the Tropic Marin buckets and they’re also white and include the Made in country on the side and batch number on the lid.

Is your box inside of another box?

Attachments

• 7E5ED759-799A-46E9-873F-5D3FF412D8EB.jpeg
    7E5ED759-799A-46E9-873F-5D3FF412D8EB.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 218
Everyone bought this salt on BRS “ best salt recommendation,” I know I did and for some reason i didn’t like it and switched to Red Sea blue since it was on point with my numbers.

This box is from Bulkreefsupply. I usually buy the Tropic Marin buckets and they’re also white and include the Made in country on the side and batch number on the lid.

Wtf. My box is no logo. UT oh

NO

Disappointing story. I would suggest moving on and never buying TROPIC MARIN again. NSW is the way to go if you can collect it! Saves big money over time. Metal contamination can bind to Ca based rocks and the skeletons of growing creatures, so I suspect just water changes can not fix a tank badly contaminated with metals quickly. Maybe change out as much rock and all sand first with the first water changes and see if you can speed recovery.

Disappointing story. I would suggest moving on and never buying TROPIC MARIN again. NSW is the way to go if you can collect it! Saves big money over time.
Upon advise from everyone that is the salt fedex trying to deliver to me. Lol dang storm. The wait to do first change killing me

Is a bucket does have a batch number on it, do they know what batches were contaminated? What does the batch actually tell me?

20220130_073647.jpg

Well check this interesting info out Hmmm! precautionary they say?
here is my icp I just got back of TMP system. check out the red boxes I made

Attachments

• 381D0A5D-5768-45AD-87BB-A03C5083E385.jpeg
    381D0A5D-5768-45AD-87BB-A03C5083E385.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 224
The average copper level in sea water is 0.25 ppb.

The role of copper in sea water is a double edged sword.

Copper is an essential micro nutrient as marine invertebrates requires it for their “blood”.

Due to the tiny amount of copper available in seawater and it is absolutely required by marine invertebrates, marine invertebrates such as coral, worms, by evolution, do not have a “stop switch” for copper intake. That mean they will take in as much as available to them in the water. When they are overdosed with copper, they got damaged and lead to their death, That is how copper medication works.

Now lets look at copper in salt mix. If you take dry salt for measurements, the relative copper level (equivalence to post mixing into sea water), can be as high as 3 to 5 ppb.
That is because after mixing into sea water, most of the copper, some reports shown like 90 to 95% of it, will turn into insoluble copper carbonate, that in turn precipitate out and won’t stay in the water column. That will yield the final copper level to be around 0.3 ppb, which is similar to natural sea water level,

If you get 3 ppb of copper in the tank, it is not a disaster yet, copper can be removed by activated carbon.

The average copper level in sea water is 0.25 ppb.

The role of copper in sea water is a double edged sword.

Copper is an essential micro nutrient as marine invertebrates requires it for their “blood”.

Due to the tiny amount of copper available in seawater and it is absolutely required by marine invertebrates, marine invertebrates such as coral, worms, by evolution, do not have a “stop switch” for copper intake. That mean they will take in as much as available to them in the water. When they are overdosed with copper, they got damaged and lead to their death, That is how copper medication works.

Now lets look at copper in salt mix. If you take dry salt for measurements, the relative copper level (equivalence to post mixing into sea water), can be as high as 3 to 5 ppb.
That is because after mixing into sea water, most of the copper, some reports shown like 90 to 95% of it, will turn into insoluble copper carbonate, that in turn precipitate out and won’t stay in the water column. That will yield the final copper level to be around 0.3 ppb, which is similar to natural sea water level,

If you get 3 ppb of copper in the tank, it is not a disaster yet, copper can be removed by activated carbon.
I never had tin or aluminum on a test before in my system?

Back