Tunze 6055

Takara

Non-member
I'm thinking of picking up one of the new gen tunze 6055's, my question is, how are the control operations on the unit itself? Do I really need a tunze controller, or can I just operate the flow from the unit? Thanks, stepping up from Koralias lol.

the unit doesn't come with it's own controller.. you can run the pump, but only at full speed, to control it you need a controller either made by tunze, or one of the modules that goes with aquarium controllers.

you can run the pump, but only at full speed, to control it you need a controller either made by tunze, or one of the modules that goes with aquarium controllers.

Not true - or at least not true on my older units. There is a slider on the power cabling that allows you to vary the output, from 12v - 24v.

Not true - or at least not true on my older units. There is a slider on the power cabling that allows you to vary the output, from 12v - 24v.

That is what I read in the description, but is it variable? or is a 2 way switch?

Even so maybe I'll just stick with 2 K4's or K5's, I really don't need to vary the flow...

could you just buy one of those $10 dimmers from HD that turn down the power. I have a couple I use on fans, and a light. You just plug it in and then plug whatever you want to control into the unit. It has a slide switch.

That is what I read in the description, but is it variable? or is a 2 way switch?

Even so maybe I'll just stick with 2 K4's or K5's, I really don't need to vary the flow...

It is a slider with multiple voltages available in I believe 4v increments from 12-24v, I would have to take apart my system to get at the cables to confirm and right now I'm not that motivated.

It is a slider with multiple voltages available in I believe 4v increments from 12-24v, I would have to take apart my system to get at the cables to confirm and right now I'm not that motivated.

lol you don't have to go that far! thanks though.

Back