Tyree LE Red watermelon Monthly Growth pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLover

T5 LPS
Monthly growth rate. I try and take them as close to the 1st as possible.

June 1st

confusawatermelonchaliceMAY5th2009.jpg

Last edited:
Wow it's already Aug 1st lol... I was looking at July 1st's pic going ok we'll have to wait another month for the next pic :) Looks like you're getting some sweet growth...

mmmm, yummy watermelon. mmm! Nice work man. Looking forward to next month.

Thanks. I as well am looking forward to next months. Every month its exciting to take these pictures cause I have found very little on people who keep track of the monthly growth on these corals. They are afterall notorious for slow growing.

That has had some nice growth!

Thanks. I hope the coral continues to grow at this rate. :)

Do you target feed that? If so, what are you feeding?

I target feed every other day. Garlic enriched mix of brine, mysis, cyclopeeze. I wait til its lights out, turn off the power heads and target feed.

Wow it's already Aug 1st lol... I was looking at July 1st's pic going ok we'll have to wait another month for the next pic :) Looks like you're getting some sweet growth...

I'm extremely impressed with its growth rate thus far and I hope next months picture puts this months to shame :) mwhahah.

In the first pic is that a blue sponge in the upper left? If so where did ya find it?

WOW that's nice growth for a Chalice. Typically Chalice growth is slow.

Nice job!

In the first pic is that a blue sponge in the upper left? If so where did ya find it?

It is a blue sponge, picked it up at jays aquatics. havent seen the same one there since. If your looking for frags send PM's so we can keep the thread chalice related.

WOW that's nice growth for a Chalice. Typically Chalice growth is slow.

Nice job!

Thanks Ray,
I can't wait to see what septembers looks like. I just put him down on the sand bed hoping he'll take this time to split the two eyes in the center now that he's grown some bit.

Last edited:
September 1st 2009 growth

Well, after the long wait we are back again with our monthly growth pictures. This months images taken with 2 purple fiji bulbs instead of the previous actinic blues I was using (incase your wondering the slight color tint) Enjoy.

watermelonchalice_9_1.jpg

watermelonfrogspawn.jpg

well a disc.. not a plug.. plugs are usually 1/3 the size or so..

looking at the pictures i thought you were getting tons of growth, but then i realized it's still just on a frag disc! =) .

Looks good though.. how big would you say it is in inches?

I moved my watermelons mid-way up and the growth rate and color dramatically improved. Not true, however with most other chalices. Do it slowly, however.

I'm not worried much, I had to move my reef this month and its been a tough ride for all my inhabitants. They'll all come around im sure, the pictures already show him rather healthy. and +1 to the mid way up growth rate. Thats where i got the most growth as seen in augusts picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back