Ultra Fiji painted rock

Wrbrackett

Non-member
Hey guys
Counting down the days to get my tank installed.I ended up buying 120 pounds of ultra figi painted live rock from oceans in glass.it's looks awesome they have it in all there tanks.any concerns about the rock beginning painted?
It's expensive at about 7.00 a pound but it's looks great and I wanted to start out with rock I liked.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you again for all the help

Hey guys
Counting down the days to get my tank installed.I ended up buying 120 pounds of ultra figi painted live rock from oceans in glass.it's looks awesome they have it in all there tanks.any concerns about the rock beginning painted?
It's expensive at about 7.00 a pound but it's looks great and I wanted to start out with rock I liked.

I wouldn't have any worries about the paint on the rock... More than likely it's reef safe paint and if it was bad they a) wouldn't have it in their tank and b) wouldn't be selling it :D

But is the rock already cycled? If it's not I'd def consider returning it and purchasing some dry rock for $2-$4 per pound and using the extra money to upgrade equipment... $840 for rocks that aren't "live rock" is a steap price... But if the stuff is cycled and you got it out of their live rock tank setup $7 isn't that bad a price for live rock now a days and if you like it even better... IIRC most LFS's sell "live rock" for $7-$10 per pound anways...

Thank you for all the help and input.
I'm doing a fish only salt water tank so I really like the color
It adds to the tank.it is live rock just painted purple / pink.not completely
Painted just parts if the rock.
They have a large tub of it in there store.
It's in every one of there tanks and looks great.
I was just looking for some feedback since they haven't installed
It yet.
Thank you

I wondered how well this works as a bio filter as the popes of the rock mostlikley get filled with paint. I don't know the answer this would just be a concern of mine. Good luck.

Hey guys

I wonder if it is the same as the Fish Heads Rock that Dr mac and son sells . I have a few rocks of it . It's pretty but just not the real deal .

I think that stuff looks really fake. Sort of too good to be true.

Back