Using Old HQI Bulbs

LHB

Formerly Known as lhbaxley
BRS Member
Hi all - Getting back in the hobby after being out for quite a while (10 years!). 70g tank is cycled and water parameters good. So far I just have a pair of clowns. I pulled by T5 actinics and my 250w HQI Halides (x2) out of storage and much to my surprise all fired up like new. Will I have performance issues with the halide bulbs? They didn't have many hours on them when I put them into storage. Will performance deteriorate over time even if they aren't in use? I don't have a PAR meter...No rush on this since there are no corals yet. Just planning for the future...

Hi all - Getting back in the hobby after being out for quite a while (10 years!). 70g tank is cycled and water parameters good. So far I just have a pair of clowns. I pulled by T5 actinics and my 250w HQI Halides (x2) out of storage and much to my surprise all fired up like new. Will I have performance issues with the halide bulbs? They didn't have many hours on them when I put them into storage. Will performance deteriorate over time even if they aren't in use? I don't have a PAR meter...No rush on this since there are no corals yet. Just planning for the future...
Can't really tell you about the bulbs performance, but we do have PAR meters for members to use with a $40 deposit:

Reactions: LHB
Back