UV Serilizer

JimmyC

Non-member
I have a sterilizer but not hooked up. Is it worth it , Is it beneficial for my tank? I am upgrading my overstocked 30 gallon to a 90 btw

Last edited:
some would say yea others no it has to have water flowing threw it slow enough to burn parasites and what about the pathogens that dont go threw there they stay in youre tank

also burns the good bacteria but if you have a fish that is a ich magnet it will help a lil bit but other than that you dont need it my opinion i bought 1 a while ago the twist by coralife i didnt see any difference imho

good link jhon k jimmy c if u have it use it if u can return it and get ur money back one way or another i would now and days they will piss in a cup try it on one fish the fishwill heal by itself and vualah ich treatment that was tested on one fish ,one coral and its a reef safe remedy for krypt/ich /velvet note to all who dont know if there is ever nething that will indeed help youre aquarium with ich or ne thing else it will be on the news and the front of all the stores the fish keeping industry knows how much we spend on a our fish so they keep making stuff up to have us waste money theres three proven ways to heal youre fish of ich 1 hypo salinity .2 copper witch in some cases kills ur livestock.and 3 the fish doing it by itself ne thing else is langueage removed quite frankly best of luck to you and youre aquarium

Last edited by a moderator:
good link jhon k jimmy c if u have it use it if u can return it and get ur money back one way or another i would now and days they will piss in a cup try it on one fish the fishwill heal by itself and vualah ich treatment that was tested on one fish ,one coral and its a reef safe remedy for krypt/ich /velvet note to all who dont know if there is ever nething that will indeed help youre aquarium with ich or ne thing else it will be on the news and the front of all the stores the fish keeping industry knows how much we spend on a our fish so they keep making stuff up to have us waste money theres three proven ways to heal youre fish of ich 1 hypo salinity .2 copper witch in some cases kills ur livestock.and 3 the fish doing it by itself ne thing else is langueage removed quite frankly best of luck to you and youre aquarium
While UV will not rid a tank of ick, it does have uses that are valid and can help to control ick if properly set up. It is used in many settings for decontamination. The key is proper intensity and proper contact time for what you want to kill. This can be used to control ick but you need a really large UV that most all hobbiest do not, and a slow enough flow to allow adequite contact time. As pointed out the the RC thread, killing bacteria and free floating algae is much more common based on the intensity of most UV units that hobbiests use.

Back