Visited Steve Weast's 850 G Tank

mrw64

I was in Portland Oregon this week for business and had seen posts in the past of Steve Weast's 850 G tank in Portland. If you have not heard of him check out his website, oregonreef.com. So I send him an e-mail and asked if I could come see it. Last night I went over to his house and saw it. It is truely amazing and Steve is a REALLY nice guy. He showed me the tank from the front and top and showed me all of the equipment that runs it. I am still in awe.
He has many rare and exotic corals and most of the colonies are huge. Some of his colonies are 12" to 18" in diameter and many are 8"+. The best part is that he gave a few frags to take home. Well he called them frags but the acropora loisetteae was 6" tall with a dozen large branches. It is bigger than most of my colonies. I really liked his Oregon blue tort and he gave me a 2" frag with branches on it. I also got a Bali green stag that he says is unique and one of his favorites.
I will take some pics this weekend but my camera sucks. If you check out his website and go to the gallery the first photo in the third row shows all these corals. The Bali green stag in just about in the center, the acropora loisetteae is behind it and the Oregon blue tort is in the upper left. The blue tort is about 5-6" in diameter and 8"+ tall. He started it 3 years ago from a 1" frag.

Holy mackeral!
What a cool person Steve must be. And the frags as a topper?
Happy freakin' birthday!! :D

Sweet! now remember to let us know when they're big enough to frag :D :D :D

Last edited:
Back