Water storage containers

TheBigDrewsky

BRS Member
Hello

In Rhode Island here - looking to see what others use for RODI water storage? Brands? Locations to purchase?

Read something on other sites that noted some reefers had issues with BRUTE although that’s what we used before - any Experience? Looking for 2 or 3 storage units holding 65 gallons or more.

I saw some blue tanks with lids from ULINE and other similar but shipping was double the amount of the tank. Also heard about Price Rite and after visiting stores - no one seems to know - ugh. Haha.

Also - is there a proper way to “prepare” them for RODI except a rinse beforehand?

Thanks in advance!

I used food grade barrels I got off of craigslist. Cut the tops and gave a nice citric acid bath. Been using them for years. Similar to this CLICK HERE but much cheaper. Check FB Marketplace too:)

Hello

In Rhode Island here - looking to see what others use for RODI water storage? Brands? Locations to purchase?

Read something on other sites that noted some reefers had issues with BRUTE although that’s what we used before - any Experience? Looking for 2 or 3 storage units holding 65 gallons or more.

I saw some blue tanks with lids from ULINE and other similar but shipping was double the amount of the tank. Also heard about Price Rite and after visiting stores - no one seems to know - ugh. Haha.

Also - is there a proper way to “prepare” them for RODI except a rinse beforehand?

Thanks in advance!
Curios as to what you heard about the Brute barrels. I have been using them for years. I didn"t know they could be a problem.

I use 30 gallon roughneck Rubbermaid trash barrels. I got mine at a local Ace hardware store. I like them because it’s a rectangular shape. Depending on your options available, 2 or 3 of these could take up same footprint as a bigger storage option.

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 42
I use Brute barrels for past few years. No issues here. Definitely link that article
Thanks GL

Go to any Price Rite. They have the 75g food safe blue containers. Quick rinse of whatever food residue they had in them. They come with a lid. Maybe like $60 or so. Might have to check with a few different Price Rites to see if they have any available. I have found them at the Johnston and Central Falls Price Rites. Others got lucky at the Providence one.

I got mine from FW Webb. 65 gallon tanks with ten inch lids and they came with bulk-heads. I shopped online for these and found them at a few different sites but shipping was almost the same price as the tanks. Getting them through Webb saved me on the shipping from buying elsewhere. Can't remember the exact price but these work great.

Edit: shipping was free as they just transferred them from another store. Actually I think it was the Rhode Island store!

Attachments

• 20230907_092319.jpg
    20230907_092319.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 47
Back