What Causes This

Dave,

I know what you mean about night time color changes and fright, this is a real mark that will fade over two or three days much the way a skin abrasion would.

Maybe spring will come this year, Green Pond just put the floating docks in.

Jim

Before I read Dave's post about ringworm I had the same thought. In humans it's a fungal infection that forms a perfect circle about that size or a little smaller. It's just a dry raised ring. Superficially it seems a lot like your fish are having.

Hard to imagine anything else that would cause repeated, identical, perfect circles. Maybe someone on the RC fish disease forum would have ideas.

Jim,

My neighbor called again, my boat is uncovered because of that last storm!! When does the "fun" begin. Too much work. I'm just going to hire captains and let them take me out. Wanna come out of retirement?? ;)

I can't wait to get back to NSW again. A sure sign of Spring in my house.

How's the fish look today?

Dave

Dave,

Pretty much the same as yesterday, it seems to have no effect on them, other than this crazy thing my fish are extremely healthy most have been with me a long time (knock on wood).

Do you want me to cover the boat, my son and I can go down after school today, no problem.

Jim

Jim,

Could you just check on it? If it requires a lot of work, just leave it, and let me know. I'll drive down and fix it. If it is just a little tuck here and there..that'd be great.

Do you remember where it is? #45.

Let me know. Thanks bud!

Dave

FWIW I saw something similar on my orange shoulder tang a while ago. It would last for a few days at a time, but the fish never showed any signs of any problem... It seems to have gone away on its own though as I've not seen teh circles in a number of months now

Dave,

When my son gets home from school we will tie it down, no problem. Get back to you later.

Jim

Back