What color do you prefer for tank background?

grapejelly

Non-member
So everyone I want to hear what you think and why....

I see tanks with blue back grounds I see some black, I see none at all and i have seen Metalica posters behind some.....to each his own right????

what is your favorite background for your tank and why?

What makes your coral and fish pop with out your background being to distracting.... feedback please.....

I was thinking Black to make my overflows kind of dissapear, or what about a midnight blue??? thoughts????

Black. I think it makes the things in the tank stand out more and the overflow blends in better.

Black. I agree with the above posting...

although if you let coralline grow in really think it doesn't matter much.

But i really like the look of a clean black background, especially if you can keep the coralline off of it.

I like the black, i think it makes the colors of the livestock look more vibrant...... midnight blue sounds like it would look nice as well.

+1 on black. I think it makes the colors contrast even better than the deep midnight blue backgrounds that are out there.

I have no background, but I wish I did... I would probably do a dark blue or black, nothing to bright, it will take away from your corals.

I have done tanks in both black and blue but I really like the look of blue. It takes extra work but I kept my 75 back clean.

Jim

Attachments

• tank-1web.jpg
    tank-1web.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 258
If you don't scrape and clean the back glass it really makes no difference what color it is they all look the same after a year or so.

Jim

black for me. feel like it hides any crudge the glass accumulates and also makes the colors of the livestock stand out better.

I have blue curently but if/when I get a bigger tank in the future I think I'll do black...

although if you let coralline grow in really think it doesn't matter much.

But i really like the look of a clean black background, especially if you can keep the coralline off of it.

I actually like the back full of coralline... Then I got an urchin and have barely any coralline left :eek:

Back