What counts as a fish

srezack

Non-member
Hello,
So I understand that fish are fish but what else counts as a fish in the total count you can have in a tank? I hear that the cleaner crews don't count... snails, those really small starfish, and shrimp. But what about serpent starfish, sea horses, sea urchins, sponges, clams and hermit crabs? These are just things I am wondering about while we still learn new things. I am currently making a notebook on this stuff so I can keep it all in order.... so much to learn and so much fun to be had.
Thanks,
Stephen and Sarah

Oh didn't know that about clams. I wanted to make sure. Not at that level yet to get clams but just keeping notes. The wife and I can already tell we made the mistake of starting with a 30 gallon tank :) we will have to get much larger when we buy our house.

Does this count as fish?

hee hee :)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 147
30 gal is fine, just have to go light on fish, I'd stick to fish with a purpose, like ones that eat algae or pests, fill that baby with all the corals you can fit though, they're the fun part anyhow

we went with 2 clowns, 1 yellow tang (came with tank), 2 damsels (came with tank) and red hawk fish. The rest we will be filling with as much color pop for the corals :) Which Dz6t and the auction helped us with a ton.

Get rid of the tang. That tank is way to small and i know he/she is not happy at all. Do it a favor and sell it to someone with a proper tank for him

don't know what a potters angel is. The tang seems pretty happy but we will have to be finding him/her a new home soon because he is large but the people we had deliver and set up our tank, said we might be able to have him for a year or 2 longer then he will be to big, and we can trade him in anytime with them.

Back