whats up with my clam??

ffsteve

The tool man
is it in trouble, it's still active opening and closing ?? my others are doing fine.
thanks
IMG_0736.JPG

it has shrunk in alot. if you can take it out a little bit to smell it, if it smells really bad it is dieing( wich i think it is). how big is it? what are you pars?

Throw it out.
Clam at this stage is almost as good as dead. The mantle is already starting to detach from the shell. Next step is decay and you'll won't want that in your tank.

all my parms are fine, really it's freaking dying. just got it at the ct ffm. what the hell.

is there any thing i could do?

Throw it out.
Clam at this stage is almost as good as dead. The mantle is already starting to detach from the shell. Next step is decay and you'll won't want that in your tank.

+1 ..

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

I had one of these as well and that is what it looked like right before it died. Sorry for the bad news. I got mine at CMAC and it lasted about 5 months and just suddenly did that and died a few days later. After losing it, I did a bunch of research and it seems many people have a hard time getting the Tahitian Maxima's to live more than a year in captivity. There are very long threads about it on RC. I was very bummed as they are so beautiful. I almost bought another one at FFM but just didn't want to it die again.

I had one of these as well and that is what it looked like right before it died. Sorry for the bad news. I got mine at CMAC and it lasted about 5 months and just suddenly did that and died a few days later. After losing it, I did a bunch of research and it seems many people have a hard time getting the Tahitian Maxima's to live more than a year in captivity. There are very long threads about it on RC. I was very bummed as they are so beautiful. I almost bought another one at FFM but just didn't want to it die again.

I got a year and a half from my last Maxima.Under halides and stable water conditions.Just died for no reason one day.

Like all the other have said, get it out. I had 6 in my tank, and one was about four years old. One of them started to do that, and slowly one after an other died in a matter of two months. Only one of them survived, and that was about a year ago. I would def toss it, because once they die, they are nasty..

Good Luck Derek

Sorry to say that it is a goner. I never see a clam pull through at that stage of dying.

i already took it out, the inners kinda fell out it was not attached by much. good news it didn't smell !!

good news it didn't smell !!

Well that's good, no one likes a smelly clam::

My 1st stab at a clam the same happened after about 3 weeks but was more so bad parameters. My 2nd has been with me for over a year and constantly growing.

That's what my clams looked like after I electrocuted them (an accident).

If you get a new clam, I would go with a squamosa. They are really hard to kill, unless you electrocute them. :(

I got a year and a half from my last Maxima.Under halides and stable water conditions.Just died for no reason one day.

Was it the really big Tahitian maxima that Pacific East Aquaculture sells? Just curious. I had good luck with the smaller ones, but like I said everyone I know that bought the big Tahitian Maixima at that event lost it. I really want another one but was going to stear away from those as I thought they were so hard to keep.

there was no pyramid snails on it or in it. when i took out the clam there wasn't much as of muscle holding on to the shell. i did slice it in to two checking it all out. i figured i paid 80 bucks for it, i'd like to see how it ticks. only problem is i couldn't fix it!!!. but it is pretty neat to see whats in there.

so now i have a $80.00 paper wieght

Back