When was the last time you brought home a new fish?

RayD

The Chicago Experience!
I haven't put a new fish in my tank in at least 9 months. I don't have a QT setup and everyone in the tank has been doing great with no health issues.

I just don't dare!! :eek:

er, last night, 2 false percs from liquidspace....but they're going to be spending a few weeks in QT, because he said he thought his PBT was getting ich. The LR I got is in QT too. 4 weeks, at least. Cute little percs, though.....

Fishes cause too much trouble for me. If they're not nipping on my sps, they're nipping on the clams. I had to pulled a melon wrasse about a month ago after only 3 days of having it. It was nipping on my clams. It was easy to get it out. But at the same time, I finnally decided to pull out my flame angel after I saw my sps was really hurting from the constant nipping of the polyps. I had to drain my whole tank to catch the bastard. Now, i can actually see polyps extension on my sps. I wont be adding any fish for awhile...Right now, I only have a pair of maroon clowns which sit in the leather coral all day and night. Bother nothing.

Last time was a yr ago...got a beautiful maroon clown from Bonzai...I took down my QT and at this point it is too much effort to setup. Plus since I'm moving into a 75gal tank I don't want to have to pull out any extra fish....

I put an algae (lawnmower) blennie in my 12g nano about a month and a half ago. I enjoyed him for about a week and a half and he just dissapeared. Swear to god, no remains, no level spikes, nothing. Just flat out dissapeared. My mom always used to think they looked like little aliens with those cool lookin antanae, maybe she was on to something... though i didnt see any mother ship.

My last fish was a PBT that was started in QT in Oct.

Went through hypo treatment with all my existing fish; True perc pair, maroon clown pair, bi-color blenny, CBB, and a 6-line. All are doing well now, but I won't add any other fish without a Qt/hypo screening.

Back