well im going to be drilling my tank tomorrow

125g
its about 1/2in thick no center brace

I dont know if the bottom is tempered so i was going to drill the back bottom

i was thinking i wanted like two 1.5 bulkheads
should i drill them next to each other and have one overflow

or on separate ends and have two overflows

or both in the middle back

also if i should just put them next to each other..how close can they be considering a bulkhead.i dont have any avaible
like how far apart shoudl the holes be

thanks in advance

I'd do one hole on towards each end of the tank. If you want to put both drains in the same overflow box I believe I remember seeing somewhere that it was/is reccomdend to leave a distance of 1.5 times the width of the hole inbetween the two holes (ex.... 2 inch holes would need 3 inches between then) I am not 100% on that. HTH

got any polarized sunglasses?
i believe if you look at the glass with polarized sunglasses you can see imperfections left behind by the tempering process.

if you know the tank manufacturer u could always call em up and ask.

nah i wish i new the manufacture got the tank for free here and i finally have some time to work on it

and i really dont have any polarized sunglasses..i do have sunglasses but have no idea if they are polarized

o yea im probably just go over the top for the returns and such things

Holes near one another can play connect the dots (crack) if something bumps into the plumbing. It's not so likely with a tank that size, but still, I'd go far apart :)

just a regular overflow.Im actually going to be a bender just like Jimmy's ^^^

and do a couple simple overflows

I'm no expert on this, but what the lfs did for me (after much deliberation) on my 125 gal is drilled two overflows on back top left and one return on top back right (looking at back of tank). Keeping the return and overflow on oposite ends lets the filtered return stay away from the skimmed drain. Also putting holes at top of back, you can calculate what the total drain will be in the event of an outage and design your sump accordingly. This arrangement has worked out well for me - hope the inputs helps with your plans.

im going to be doing it tomorrow..i need to pick up a couple of bulkheads so i know the distance from the bottom and side

Back