Where to find Randalls/Candy Cane shrimp?

NateHanson

Non-member
My candy cane pistol shrimp (Alpheus randalli, also known as Randalls snapping shrimp) went MIA a few weeks ago, and now that I've moved the Yashi Haze Goby to a new tank he won't come out because he has no shrimp. It's been 2 weeks, and I haven't seen him (he did this when I first got him too), and I don't think he'll show his head until I get him a friendly little shrimp.

AquaAddicts hasn't had them for the last two weeks, and I don't know if the Goby is eating, so I want to get him a shrimp ASAP. Do you know of other stores that usually order these?

Thanks, nate

Last edited:
We can all hope so. I'll be happy when the big-mouthed bugger is yawning at me again from a nice cave, front and center. Hopefully he's still in there somewhere. And hopefully he'll come out long enough at night to find his new friend.

Nate

Nate,

When I introduced the CC shrimp to my yellow watchman goby, I ensured that the shrimp was put into the tank, lights out, and directly over the many holes the goby created. The CC shot straight into one of the dens and they've been inseparable ever since.

David

Unfortunately I have no idea where the goby is in my tank now. When I moved livestock into this tank the goby disappeared. Without a shrimp he tends to find his way under a rock somewhere, and just stay there. No digging. No poking his head out. When I added the first pistol, shortly after I got the goby, about 8 months ago, I dropped the pistol where the goby was hiding, but the shrimp (perhaps because he's blind as a pistol shrimp) wandered obliviously in the opposite direction, to the far end of the tank, and then commenced work on an elaborate goby spider-hole. In two days the goby had moved in, and looked very pleased.

I think this time, since I don't know where the goby is, I'm going to place the shrimp where I want him and the goby to live, and hope that the goby finds the shrimp like he did last time. I have a nice spot picked out for the two of them right on the left side of my right spire of rockwork. :) Location, Location, Location! :)

I've heard to give him a shell or something to crawl into in the bag, then place that where you want his base of operations. Then you can take it out after he builds a regular cave.

i heard on the radio something about the new candy store in jordans furnature... try there.

Back