White anemone need help

Sampsonnnnn

Non-member
My anemone doesn’t look so hot. My water levels all checked out good. My salinity is .024/.025. Everything else fish and corals are doing great feed the tank regularly for all things in it and yea idk I’m new to this so I’m still learning but idk what I’m doing wrong rn for the nem unless it’s just unhappy or dying I don’t know. Plz help lol pics are included

Using mars aqua 160w 2 on a 60 gal they r hung 6 inches above it and at 50% both lights

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 217
Is it attached to the rock at all? How long has it been white/shrunken up? If it is opening give it time, but if it is limp like that you might have to cut your losses and toss it before it dies and poisons the tank. I had an anemone go in my Frag tank and I lost 15-20 frags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What type of anemone is it? A bubble tip or a carpet?

What type of anemone is it? A bubble tip or a carpet?

That one lol this is what it looked like been in almost a month now

Attachments

• 6A38B003-C489-4531-B479-3E106A652785.jpeg
    6A38B003-C489-4531-B479-3E106A652785.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 180
  • 3320D6AD-7259-4A4C-A856-AA10C577B137.jpeg
    3320D6AD-7259-4A4C-A856-AA10C577B137.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 186
Is it attached to the rock at all? How long has it been white/shrunken up? If it is opening give it time, but if it is limp like that you might have to cut your losses and toss it before it dies and poisons the tank. I had an anemone go in my Frag tank and I lost 15-20 frags.

Looks like it’s going it was big and opened it’s been in the tank bout a month and closing up for a few days now tonight it looks even worse and tank is cloudy I’m taking it out

With purple dots at the tips?

Also not attached to anything it’s been free roaming in that corner of the tank away from current

Also not attached to anything it’s been free roaming in that corner of the tank away from current

Was it from Petco?

First pic is the foot and second is the top mouth part and last one is the foot again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 167
Color on the top looks good. The foot looks a bit mangled. I would try to attach it to a rock. It won’t open if it isn’t attached/anchored.

It looks like a mini carpet or mini maxi?

Dong is asking if it is a condy anemone.

It looks healthy enough to reattach in my opinion but I would defer to Dong or other anemone experienced Reefers. I have rfa and bubble tips.

That is a Tahiti sea anemone, very difficult to keep, requires pristine water quality and stability. People normally keep them in large tank.

From the photo, it is in pretty bad shape, most likely has a bacteria infection. People who keep these type of anemone will give it a dip with Cipro upon arrival.

Back