Who would have thought

delta

Impatient Reefer
I would be doing a reefing project that had to do with my own tank.

On the left the small chamber is where the tank will drain into. The bulkhead in that chamber will feed the skimmer.

The bulkhead after the baffles is a safety drain, just in case and drains to my main sump

The overflow in the right corner is to keep the operating height of the sump optimal for my skimmer. The bulkhead in the skimmer box drains to my main sump

Skimmer-sump.jpg

I have actually had this sump for some time and just haven't gotten around to putting it in place. The idea behind the sump is to make the most of my skimmer.

looks awesome. nice way to max out the skimmer, and add a little water volume at the same time.....

Did one section at a time first one was easy. on the next two i just pult the silicone on place on the line I made on the outside of the sump then slide the sections in. Then I used a piece of half in tubing to smooth is out.

You silicone job looks way better than I could've done, even wth tape.

Wanna swing by Wilmington by any chance :rolleyes:

Maybe Jay can learn from this :p:)

I learned a new flood rule on Saturday. Double drains can still be defeated. ::

If the bag you are floating in a tank to acclimate with the new livestock you are adding is big enough, it can even block 2 drains and flood your tank over the top. :eek:

I learned a new flood rule on Saturday. Double drains can still be defeated. ::

If the bag you are floating in a tank to acclimate with the new livestock you are adding is big enough, it can even block 2 drains and flood your tank over the top. :eek:

Yeah if you just put a bulkhead in or even an elbow. But I run a elbow up into add a 1-1/2" to 3" transition to surface skim. It is not dual drain it is a backup drain, should the main drain get clogged it will bypass and continue to drain the sump. It is a few inches higher and with the setup I have it would be extremely hard to clog it with a floating bag.

As well the main drain is protected by an overflow and a Durso stand pipe(modified)

Back