Whole house water filter systems...

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
I thought there was a thread about whole house water filter systems but I can't find it so what the heck I'll start another one. Anyone have one? How much they going for now? Ipswich has very hard water and it scales on all the faucets and we're going to be redoing the bathroom with black/bronze fixtures and I'd like to put in a whole house system which would also benefit my RO/DI filter as I'm sure the horrible water quality kills the filters and membranes pretty quickly...

Filtration as of filter and softener? Im on well water and full house filtration and softener cost me about 5k. Rodi run off of it separately.

I am on town water. I installed a basic water filter on the main line coming into the house. It has a 5micron sediment filter that I change every 4-6 months. Work well for my application.

Shameless plug, I own a water filtration system company and would be willing to give you a free quote/consultation by testing your water. Ball park estimate 1600 - 2800 depending if you wanted particulate filter/softener combo. You can go cheaper by using a cartridge filter in front of the softener but I find the best long term results occur with self backwashing filters. Reach out to me if you want. Abacus Water Systems is my company 6037782984

Filtration as of filter and softener? Im on well water and full house filtration and softener cost me about 5k. Rodi run off of it separately.

I am on town water. I installed a basic water filter on the main line coming into the house. It has a 5micron sediment filter that I change every 4-6 months. Work well for my application.

I'm guessing it's mainly hard water based on the scale on all the faucets and a plumber I know recommended the Tang (in powdered form) to remove the scale and it works quite well...

Shameless plug, I own a water filtration system company and would be willing to give you a free quote/consultation by testing your water. Ball park estimate 1600 - 2800 depending if you wanted particulate filter/softener combo. You can go cheaper by using a cartridge filter in front of the softener but I find the best long term results occur with self backwashing filters.

I'll have to keep you in mind when and if we follow through with a filter thanks!

Back