Why not be a BRS PAID member?

I think the effort is a great thing and I applaud the effort. But at a certain point if the people outside that do not want to participate it is best to let them not do so.

But if you want to take it as a personal assault it wasn't and there is nothing I can do about that. My post wasn't a direct thought on any one post here.

Fact is if you look at my track record I have and do participate in a meaningful manner on a continued basis. I spend a few hours just about every day reading/posting and trying to help people learn and work through their problems. My 8 years of volunteering for the club have past, from running the photocontest to president to admin of the forum. But non of what others have posted stop me from being an active member and moving the club forward. And if I got upset over every time I someone made I post I didn't like or agree with. well......... I would have left in 2006.

There is far more positive than negative and that is my point. if the people sign up as they want to be part. then you get a stronger base of core members.

I think in the end if you sat and talked with me in person you would find we are more on the same line of thought than you think.

I am sure you are a good guy. I would never judge someone from one post on a Internet forum and actually I am sure I have read some insightful post from you. So if I am critical on one post please don't take it so hard and feel the need to defend your yourself personally.

I am not the only person who has commented in the frustration some times when posting on this forum. I just think your post illustrated what I am others have felt at points while posting.

Like I have said before I have had some great experiences on this forum.

I think the effort is a great thing and I applaud the effort. But at a certain point if the people outside that do not want to participate it is best to let them not do so.

But if you want to take it as a personal assault it wasn't and there is nothing I can do about that. My post wasn't a direct thought on any one post here.

Fact is if you look at my track record I have and do participate in a meaningful manner on a continued basis. I spend a few hours just about every day reading/posting and trying to help people learn and work through their problems. My 8 years of volunteering for the club have past, from running the photocontest to president to admin of the forum. But non of what others have posted stop me from being an active member and moving the club forward. And if I got upset over every time I someone made I post I didn't like or agree with. well......... I would have left in 2006.

There is far more positive than negative and that is my point. if the people sign up as they want to be part. then you get a stronger base of core members.

I think in the end if you sat and talked with me in person you would find we are more on the same line of thought than you think.

I am sure you are a good guy. I would never judge someone from one post on a Internet forum and actually I am sure I have read some insightful post from you. So if I am critical on one post please don't take it so hard and feel the need to defend your yourself personally.

I am not the only person who has commented in the frustration some times when posting on this forum. I just think your post illustrated what I am others have felt at points while posting.

Speaking for myself, if I view a thread and don't post it's generally just because I don't have anything to add.

I agree 100% with your comment John. I read/look at a lot of threads, but If I can't contribute to the OP's question or feel like I don't know enough about the subject to offer advice I don't comment.

I try not to comment on threads I can't help just for doing so. There is always someone else that has gone through a certain issues and can give advice's and suggest a solution that will eventually post. And to be honest, when I can't get the answer here at BRS, I go somewhere else and ask the same question... There's always someone bound to have gone through what the issue is somewhere :)

Higor

Last edited:

I see the frustration and I think it is something to be discussed in the Business forum. I think members should voice their opinions. I know it helps the BOD see where the might be able to make changes to make a difference. When I was on the BOD the Business forum was a lot more active and it gave us (the BOD at the time) a good road map as to what we could do to make the club better. We had it easier as we had an active audience and the Business forum was a great tool for us.

Back