Why not be a BRS PAID member?

Well, I just posted the elections thread for the 2014/2015 calendar year. This is in the restricted paid members area of the forum. (sorry):(

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums...2014-2015-BRS-Elections&p=1227521#post1227521

If you like having a say in how the club runs in regards to:

Speakers, venues or over all activates.

Now is the time to become a paid member as you need to be a paid member to run for an elected position.

More so, you need to be a paid member to vote for those individuals who choose to step up and keep the club moving forward.

:)I hope you choose to be engaged in what the club has to offer.;)

There u go, another reason to join. Get me out of the board or anyone u have ur eyes set on!!! :p

Higor

Keeping the discussion going and just throwing it out there (trust me, I'm not the big Kahuna here at BRS when it comes to decisions :)), what extra benefits if any would you like to see as a paid BRS member here?

Higor

Keeping the discussion going and just throwing it out there (trust me, I'm not the big Kahuna here at BRS when it comes to decisions :)), what extra benefits if any would you like to see as a paid BRS member here?

Higor

There are a couple of "for sale" forums that are for paid members only.
Sometimes people will offer free or lower than usual priced items to the paid members.
Free frags? Good reason to be a paid member.

I don't think I get this far without brs, never attend a meeting, never got any free frag, but will support the forum any day, brought ton of uses equipment, and cheap frags from member especially Dong, can do all this without being a paid member, but choose to pay to support the forum

Here my thing, I couldn't get far without this forum, I never went to any meeting, never got any fee frag for being a paid member, but I did get a chance to buy ton of used equipments from members, got ton of cheap frag from members especially Dong, I can do all this without being a paid member, but because I can do all that, that's why I support this forum by being a paid member

I will give a free frag (your pick from the $5 frag tank, hundreds to choose from) to anyone who become a paid member from September to December this year.
These frags cost three times or more if you buy them retail.

why not let the BRS gain members on it's own merit.

To be honest the reason to not be a members is you do not care enough to be one. At that point why would anyone want them to be a member? What so someone can say TaDa! we have "X" members?

There are groups out there where they have over a 1000 members but no one is active in volunteering. It is just a "thing" to be a member and not to be part of something larger than yourself to accomplish a larger goal.

Also it doesn't give the BOD a good reading on what they are doing if members only join to get a free frag. They may feel it is a feather in their cap but they will not get a solid read come next year as their work this year plays out in the group. They need the litmus test if they plan on doing a a major conference or the like.Seeing Jason joined MASNA they have their teeth into the group and have been trying to get the BRS to run MACNA ever since BRASS.

Last edited:
For the record. The fee frags offer is something the membership is doing on their own.

The BOD is gauging success by participation at the meeting, participation on the forum and engagement by the membership as a whole.

These are all accomplished by bringing in good speakers on subjects that interest all friendships made and inclusion.

All opinions matter, but the BOD answers to the paid membership opinions and thoughts when it comes to the direction the club needs to go.

why not let the BRS gain members on it's own merit.

To be honest the reason to not be a members is you do not care enough to be one. At that point why would anyone want them to be a member? What so someone can say TaDa! we have "X" members?

There are groups out there where they have over a 1000 members but no one is active in volunteering. It is just a "thing" to be a member and not to be part of something larger than yourself to accomplish a larger goal.

Also it doesn't give the BOD a good reading on what they are doing if members only join to get a free frag. They may feel it is a feather in their cap but they will not get a solid read come next year as their work this year plays out in the group. They need the litmus test if they plan on doing a a major conference or the like.Seeing Jason joined MASNA they have their teeth into the group and have been trying to get the BRS to run MACNA ever since BRASS.

So I finally stop procrastinating and became a member through the generosity of a member offering free frags. Does that make me a bad member?

I will most likely never attend a meeting. Does that make me a bad member?

If you start to exclude or not want people cause they don't meet your standards of a member then make it a private club.

Think of the free frag offer like chumming the water when fishing and maybe some of those people you don't want now become some of the greatest assets to the club once they get a taste and get hooked.

I feel you should do what ever helps to get traffic to the forum and people becoming members and I plan on paying the generosity forward when I am able to do so and I will post on the forum and offer opinions to others question in a hope to stimulate conversation even if I am wrong or my opinion gets me flamed.

Last edited:
Back