Wifi/apex help please

Zirky

Non-member
Anyone know anything about range extenders? Mine wont stay conected. I have no problem streaming movies but cant rjn mi sweet new apex.

I just got one for the in-law apartment. Works pretty good. Does drop in connectivity strength.

Before the range extender she couldn’t stream tv/movies on her rocky due to weak signal.

After she can stream just fine.

One of our past presidents Chris (@cilyjr) said hard wife the apex. Run cable so you don’t have spotty connection and something doesn’t turn on/off because it has a weak connection.

All I have is WiFi and its strong enough it stream movies. But the tank is in a bad spot. So I got the extended but that doesn’t stay connected or reconnect automatically. Also I reset my apex to factory to stop the auto water change. Wich was chuanging more than I programmed. And now I can’t seem to reconnect

ok, I work for the cable company and do a lot with wifi. 1 thing to know is wifi really hates trying to go through water. meaning if your apex is sitting in a stand between a sump and under the tank with closed doors it MAY have spotty connection issues. that may not be the issue though. do you have the new 2018 apex or a classic? the new apex with built in wifi will be much better than a classic hooked up to a bridge.
Saying you can stream movies really well is apples to oranges. Your tv could be right next to your router and the tank could be in a basement. more info is needed to diagnose, consider running a speed test on your phone right next to your apex. and post the results (i'm not on this site much lately as i line in California now) .

as far as wifi extenders the thing I recommend to customers is netgear's orbi its a mesh network as opposed to an extender. however if the signal is having trouble getting to the apex because its "surrounded" by water you may want to consider moving the apex "brain".

hope this helps

Thank you for replying my tank and tv are on the second floor top of the stairs router, first floor bottom of the stairs. Where I placed my net gear nighthawk ac 1900 was 45% signal strength but spotty. I had everything working for a week and that ended two weeks ago. I’ve tried hooking the apex up to the WiFi hotspot on my phone with no luck not sure what I’m doing wrong. I may have to hire the geek squad if I don’t figure it out soon.

Have you tried changing the channel of your WiFi signal?
If you have close by neighbors who are on the same channel on their network, it might interfere with yours and cause the “patchy” connection.

I’d set the channel to static and have the signal (new network) be dedicated to the apex, and nothing else using it.

Also, can you try to place the extender within inches of the apex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, depending on which extender you have, you maybe able to have it wirelessly pick up signal, and provide it to your apex via Ethernet cable. I know people do this if they have the Apex Classic and can’t run Ethernet to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had connections troubles at first. I ended up turning off my 5G. I guess apex doesn’t support 5G and it kept interfering with the connection. I was super bummed about it.

Back