WOOHOO got our electric bill

cstmpprl

Non-member
And it was only $277.00, and we still have some consolidating to do. After seeing this drop, I think we may only have 1 DT upstairs. Now if I can get rid of the sons tank in the basement:rolleyes:

We heat with gas, We had. HUM let me think 3 DT all with sumps ,then 1 frag, 1 breeder, 1 clown grow out, and the seahorse fry tank that was running and never used all with pumps, heaters, and powerheads. And then misc. culture set ups.. We got a thank you card from the electric company last month ;) They said we use more the 180% over our neighbors.

Only 180% more? That's it? You're such a slacker Michelle lol...

Ahhhh $277!?!

I've been in my apt( its a fairly good size one) for a year this Sunday. I have electric heat and in the summer I run three a/c's. The highest I've had was like $220 for January.

no, really officer, I bubble CO2 and use 1500 watts of metal halides to grow...CORAL! yeah, yeah, it's coral I'm growing...really :)

no, really officer, I bubble CO2 and use 1500 watts of metal halides to grow...CORAL! yeah, yeah, it's coral I'm growing...really :)

I was sort of thinking the same thing. I can see the radio controlled helicopter equipped with infrared flying over the house now taking thermal images.

What ya gonna do, what ya gonna do when they come for you.

I know, when I came home at night, The back room of the house was nice and lit up. I can't believe the cops never showed up..

Cops have been nice enough to visit a couple times......so I tricked 1 cop into buying one of my spare tanks, and now his electric bill is "high" too!
Now ive got cops visiting to get their coral "fix"
Me ftw!

we were running high 4 to mid 5 in the summer for a couple years. That's with the ac and pool running

we were running high 4 to mid 5 in the summer for a couple years. That's with the ac and pool running

Hmmmmmmm... Maybe transfer everything over into the pool for the summer and utilize that free sun :D Just trying to save a little money that's all :rolleyes:

Two words................Clothes Line!!!
Shaved almost $50 a month off my bill just by drying clothes outside or in front of the wood stove.
And keeping after the wife and kids to shut off lights and tv when not in use :)

Now if I convert to LED I might see low $150's for the first time since building the house!!!!

im interested to see what happens to ours when i hang the new LEDs over the tank next week! im right around $200 a month right now, but thats 4 people, with 2 - 700 watt desktops running 24/7 and 450+ watts over the tank...

lets see at the height of things we had 2 48" current 2x150 MH and 2 96 watt actinics. 1 36" 4bulb T5. 2 36"T5 retro's. 2 75 watt spotlights for sumps. 1 250 MHfor the frag tank. I am sure there are a few more small lights I am forgetting.

I was sort of thinking the same thing. I can see the radio controlled helicopter equipped with infrared flying over the house now taking thermal images.

What ya gonna do, what ya gonna do when they come for you.

My setup always visible from windows.
When I was at my old house, I found the mail man was standing outside looking at my tanks. He was impressed.

We have a gas dryer so clothes weren't a problem. I wish I could convert evrything to gas. I only pay $70, a month on that

Back