Worlds Largest Elegance

frank180reef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Got this from Jays a few weeks ago for a great price, has to be 1 foot long and 8 inches wide
IMG_4687.JPG

I got one of similar size~(10 inches) from jays aquatics, and have to say there some of the nicest I've ever seen

Great elegance Frank.

Ha ya I did some research on them before I bought and made sure I got the one from Australia ie "Aussie" elegance. The ones from Australia have a much better survival rates.

yes the others never did well for me,

this one DOESNT have a base that is a cone. more of a mantle like.............................great find really

Yep i am lucky as well. Here is a bad cell picture of it. Alot if the time elegance corals don't like to be on the sand, it can give them infection. Just a tidbit about them.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329012645.566771.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329012645.566771.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 380
It is in full light but it's only 4 t5 bulbs not metal halide. And they don't mind being on the rocks. Mine likes it better than the sand.

frank its Prob a Auzzie its the wall hammer skeleton the only thing with thoughts is make sure the end that was cut is healed... being at lps for the past few years i have noticed a couple monsters like this great find.. Peoples Theory is all wrong on elegance imo have had indo and auzzie for a year now low light low flow open huge and eat like pigs but i never directly feed and they do great... As For wall Elegance its hit or miss on life no matter location its got to be healed and low light to aqumate to high light reef ligh. But if all is good they do great i have a friend how frags his wall elegance every year or so....

Back