Would like to borrow diamond hole saw

Syris

FishboyBill
Wondering if anyone in the seacost NH are has a 1 3/4" diamond hole saw I could borrow for a day.

DT-528 1-3/4" Diamond Core Bit (44.7mm/1.76')
List Price $72.95 ea 44.95

Yikes.

For anyone else looking for one, the guy on ebay from HK sells them for like $8 shipped. Theyre probably not as nice, but i've got 10 holes (mostly through 1/2") so far.

Looking at the pics, they appear to be the same bits.

Rich,
I saw those on Ebay but couldn't find a 44.7mm (1-3/4") one. What size did you buy? The 45mm?
Also how long did it take to recieve from HongKong?
Maybe I will cancel my order and go thru the Ebay guy.

I got a 45mm. I think it was about a week total turnaround. A 1" bulkhead has about a 1/2" wide flange on each side, so I couldnt see .15mm on each side making a difference. Also, I dont think the tolerance on bulkheads is very low. Mine fit the hole pretty snug, had to work it a little to get it to slide in. I dont think theyre cut to exactly 1 3/4.

Mine has also cut tile... like a knife through butter. I'd offer you mine, but I'm really not sure what condition my dad using it to cut holes in the tile floors for gas lines has left it.

I was going to have a glass shop or something cut the holes, but with all the DIY work I did, $10 for a saw seemed a much better deal than $20 a hole. If I had to pay $50 for a saw, I may have just had a glass shop do it.

All told, it was pretty easy to cut the holes, and I just used a hand power drill.

I think I am going to drill my own tank. If I shatter the tank i have no one to blame but myself. I need to drill for my sump input and output, and a closed loop input and output on my 75$ so now the # of holes and price is adding up fast. So I want to drill for one inch bulkheads for the inputs, and 3/4'' for the returns. What size saws do I need. I get confused on inner dimensions/metric. Thanks
Rick

i have a 50mm if it helps
i use it for 1" bulkheads
and a 70 for 11/2 bulk heads let me know alwas around

Back