www.Drsfostersmith.com

seahorse1

Non-member
I have already placed two orders with them and am totally happy with both. The first order I bought a RO unit and some misc items and it came within a week. The shipping was also free with orders over $200. It came in a box with tons of "peanuts" . Dr Fosters also sent me an email when the box was shipped with a tracking number, needless to say I checked this like twice a day! And also an email when the box was delivered. The second order I ordered some misc stuff along with two long bulbs.This order also came within a week. The bulb boxes came wrapped in bubble wrap and then packaged in one of those long hard cylinders that maps or blueprints sometimes come in. I was worried that the bulbs would break but with the way they were packed, NO way! I was very impressed. If you look at their sale or clearance stuff, you can get an excellent deal. I bought an Aquaclear 110 for $34.00. My LFS wanted $82.00 for it. I bought three Maxi Jet 900 powerheads for $14.99 each. My LFS wanted $32.00 each. The customer service is also very good. Before I placed my first order I had some questions on the RO unit. I was connected to a tech who answered all my questions. I would defin recommend Dr Fosters. :D

I purchased my Current USA Gamma UV sterilizer from DFS and it blew up 7 months into using it. I contacted Current and they said to call DFS for a warranty replacement.

Sure enough DFS sent a brand new UV and sent the pre-paid shipping labels so I could return the old one. No hassles no arguments.

Awesome vendor. I use them often.

:)

I cannot comment on speedy delivery quite yet because I am waiting for a shipment to arrive this week. But I can say that my order was placed Friday afternoon, and I had received an email later that night saying that the order had already shipped.

I can also say that Drsfostersmith.com has excellent prices. I was replacing the bulbs in my Current USA Orbit unit and granted the price of PC's are close to MH, but they were still 7 dollars cheaper there then any other online store.

Plus the shipping charges are minimal. I think it came out to about a dollar per every ten dollars spent.

Had a REALLY good customer service experience with them recently. I purchased a skimmer from them, took about 2 hours to assemble it, got it all together, and it leaked. Base was black so couldn't tell it had a crack until it was too late. Called up around 10pm, women picked up first ring, was very polite even though I was a bit agitated. Explained to her it was defective and I wasn't satisfied with it, and *no* questions asked sent me the refund paperwork and a prepaid airbill. I actually broke it further when trying to disassemble the d*** thing and they still took it back without a problem.

-Mike

I've bought livestock with them on two occasions. Amazing customer service, great packaging, good prices. all animals are doing fine except I lost a sunburst anthias and a xenia (too cold to ship, shouldn't have ordered to begin with), which they refunded no questions asked.

i called dfs today on some freeze dried krill the large container i bought for my koi. i have had it around a month and we noticed a smell coming from it. kind of amonia like. i wanted to see if they have had any complaints on it. they said they would check with the tech dept and get back to me tomorw. well 30 minutes later i got a call telling me they couldnt tell me what the smell was and there was a new container on its way and a call tag for the old stuff and appoligized for it. great company. i know i spend alot with them between the ponds reef and the dogs but didnt expect them to replace it. no question asked.

Thats great Mchud. Thats the customer service that I have gotten too. One of my orders was delivered and the clownfish only last a couple of days. I called DR Fosters and they gave me a full credit on the fish, no questions asked. They didnt want the fish back either. I have ordered tons of stuff from them and Liveaquaria and have always gotten fantastic service.

I called DR Fosters and they gave me a full credit on the fish, no questions asked. They didnt want the fish back either. I have ordered tons of stuff from them and Liveaquaria and have always gotten fantastic service.

Actually it depends. Sometimes it is required by Liveaquaria to salt preserved the body and send back to Liveaquaria in order to get refund. But they paid for all return shipping so I have no problem with that. I think it is a good policy to keep cost down.

Last edited:
I got a bunch of stuff from them a few weeks ago. Prices beat any LFS prices and shipping only took about a week! Def buying all my equip from them!

I have made about 7-8 orders from the, The only time I ever had a problem I received a broken acintic bulb. I called and I had a new one by 11am next day. They have been very reliable for me.

Just thought I'd throw my good expereinces in here too... I've ordered Drs Foster smith many times and Live Aquaria a few times, and have been VERY happy each time. the one time I lost a fish, they credited it immediately.

The best part, living in WI now, I use ground shipping and get next-day delivery on all dry goods:)

Me to, nothing but good from both. I got a broken acintic one time and they had a new one at my door by 11am.

A little tip for those who don't know. If you go to iGive.com and register, DrsFoster will donate a portion of the sale to your favorite cause. You just need to be sure to follow the directions.

Very Pleased with them . 2 dry orders arrived very quickly, and got an order of Lalo live rock yesterday that is gorgeous. lots of colors, doesn't smell bad.

Back