Your Input Wanted for BRS Meetings

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Just throwing this out there to see what type of content you'd like to have at monthly meetings. We have plenty of ideas such as Speaker Presentations, Fragging Demo's, Do It Yourself (top down viewer, fish goo, etc), Beginner and Advance Workshops. Contests such as coral grow outs Photography and such. I can remember going to meeting in the past and walking into a hall that had over 100 people in it. I know life is busy and everything's available online but social interaction of like minded individuals is what this is all about and but it would be nice to see this club get back to it's former roots. As a BOD and a long time member, shoot me a private message or email me: biggiepauls33 (at) bostonreefers (dot) org

Tell us what will get you out the door!

I know in the past I head "advanced notice of meeting" and we have had a couple that were mentioned a month or two ahead of time but attendance was maybe +3 people more than normal.

What is a "Must have"
Would a week day night meeting be something people would drive to?

Tell us what will get you out the door!

I know in the past I head "advanced notice of meeting" and we have had a couple that were mentioned a month or two ahead of time but attendance was maybe +3 people more than normal.

What is a "Must have"
Would a week day night meeting be something people would drive to?
Ditto, let's get those number up. More bodies at meetings helps the club.

I really enjoyed the experience at the last meeting with the walk-thru at Pauls. That was my first meeting so I don't know if that is a regular occurrence. That maybe one way to peak interest.

Randy Holmes-Farley is local but I've never noticed him on the forum or at a meeting (I admit I've only been to 3-4 meetings myself, though).

Pretty amazing to have a reefing legend like Randy in the area, we should think about inviting him to give a local presentation.

Randy is probably sick of talking about reef chemistry as it is a part time job for him on R2R and Greg Hiller gave a great reef chemistry presentation last year, so could ask Randy to talk on another topic of his choosing.

Anyone we could invite from the New England Aquarium or some other local organization to talk about coral bleaching and the future of coral in nature?

I want to see Tim and Pauly mud wrestling. Then I will make more meetings.
giphy (10).gif

I just enjoy the social aspect of the meeting and the raffle. my problem lately has been the meetings have been on Saturdays. Hard to give up a days pay of overtime. I know in the fall it is football season so people don't want a Sunday meeting.

What happened to the rock nem group buy?

Jeremy, that sounds like a good idea. do a reef automation meeting. Apex & reefkeeper (since a few of those are still changing hands here).

Apex/reefkeeper tutorial is a great idea. I've got an Apex Jr I'm still not using as much as I should.

In general it might be nice to build a "new member welcome" or have people go around the room and introduce themselves at the club meetings. The first few times I came to meetings I felt like I was the minority not knowing others in the room - like a club within a club.

I'm not sure what the right way to do this is, but building ways for newbies to meet the folks that have been in the club for a while would probably help with attendance and overall engagement.

Back