Zoo creatures Plaistow,NH

MFreef

Non-member
I went up to zoo creatures a week or too ago. They have a big selection of corals. I was impressed to see so much. I found thier prices to be all over the place (some good Some not) the associate seemed to be versed in saltwater and was friendly. my only gripe was that alot of the items wer not clearly marked and it seemed that they made up prices as they went. Overall it was a good experience and I did purchase some corals that are doing great..any one else have an opinion on zoo creatures?

ive been there a number of times and i would have to agree with you about the prices being made up as they go. it seems to me that their prices are a bit high comparitavely but they do have some nice specimens that maybe command a higher price. they have a lot less local competition there too so the laws of supply and demand are in full effect. they always have a ton of good deals in their "used and bargain" section too.

I know this store used to be in the plaza where Home Depot is but I saw they were not there last time I was up that way. I thought they went out of business but it seems like they must have just moved. Where are they located now?

they are past the home depot.. go towards cumberland farms but go right.. go about a mile and you will see a car dealer on the right.. it will be right next door (entrance will have a sign).

used to NERD as well (new england reptile distributors) a** I undertand they merged. they are on the web too.

Ya I think they have a pretty good selection of fish and corals. But as stated prices are a little high. I just go there for snakes.

Last edited:
Oh, ok. I know the vicinity of where they are now. I will have to swing by and check them out sometime. Thanks!

We went there this afternoon. I will agree that they are on the high side for corals. we ended up getting some green clove polyps. not too bad. their selection has improved greatly since the last time i was there.

All I can say is wow. This store is amazing with great prices on LPS. the sps frags were a little pricy, but they were HUGE, which is rare at lfs (there was a gigantic peice of yellow banana tenious for $109) I was offered help a few times and I was amazed to see how much of their own breeding they had going on. The reptiles were wicked cool and the birds were beautiful (They even had two laughing kookaburras). The puppies and kittens looked nice and healthy and everything in the store seemed happy. They had a section for used equiptment and I think the 175 MH with ballast and pendant was $150, which is better than what I have seen around. The saltwater fish had some really rare selections such as a ribbon eel, they are not supposed to do well and captivity but he seemed fine. If you are looking for green gorgonian go up there because they have huge healthy peices for about $75. Great store and I will be going there more often :)

We also stopped in to Zoo Creatures, at just about closing, and were really impressed. We move from Lowell to Exeter about a year ago and stopped in there a few times while we were going back and forth, but we were rather unimpressed. I think they may have been having system issues at the time (and the guy I talked with said the same), but the store on Saturday was like a whole other place. The coral was plentiful, looked healthy, was reasonably labeled, and the staff was friendly. They were friendly even though we were just browsing at 10 minutes before closing on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I will stop in again and plan to make the shop one of our regular places. I only glanced at the fish and I didn't poke around the dry goods at all, but in the past I've picked up a very nice and well-priced automatic feeder (Aqua chef? couldn't find the model anywhere else) for our discus, and a very cool piece of cork bark that I worked into a background "stump" for the same tank.

In general I get the heebie jeebies from "pet" shops, as I am throughly a "fish" person, but I thought their other livestock looked healthy and well-maintained as well.

Abby

I had not been there in almost a year. I stopped by last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Tanks are well taken care of, fish and corals looked great. They've really kicked it up a notch. The last time I went there I was disgusted with the tanks and vowed never to go back. Posts about their new efforts lured me back. I'm glad I gave them a second chance and checked it out.

Back