Answer me these questions three (clam,plate,ric)

~Flighty~

Now with more baby
I have three reefy questions tonight

1: what is going on with my plate? It seems to be growing a new mouth and the old one is a lot bigger. Color is good, polups aren't completely extended.

2: what kind of clams are these? I need to know where to put them rocks/sand/sandyrocks, high/med light. I've been told a few conflicting things.

3: Do you do anything when ricordias are growing on top of each other like this? I would like to spred them to different rocks or slice them up and frag them if possible.

Attachments

• Plate.JPG
    Plate.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Question number 1: I am sorry to say but it doesn't look good for that plate. The mouth looks way too open.

Question number 2: Crocea's

Question number 3: The ones that are underneath will release and may float away or just put the ric rock into the rockwork they will spread.

All just my opinion :)... When are you and Elliot coming for the Regal :)...

Mike

Any ideas on help for the plate? More light,flow,food...

We might come look at it tomorow if it is still there. As Eliot puts it, that is a lot of money to spend on a dog nevermind a fish, so don't count on me convincing him.

For question #3, you can try treating them just like a mushroom and cut the cap off the stalk. Put the cap in rubble and let it attach. If you're lucky, the stalk might grow a new cap. I haven't tried this yet, but I probably will soon (with some dicing of the cap thrown in).

Anyone who has done this care to comment?

1. I noticed my fungia had a small second mouth the other night. When I feed it it's mouth get's reall big - othertimes, the mouth is closed tight. I was thinking maybe it was forming a second mouth to split - I don't know - do fungia's split? I'll have to do some research.

2. I don't know.

3. Give them to me ;)

Sherry

#1 I think not good. Keep your water quality good. Check all peramiters and keep things stable and cross your fingers.

#2 Crocea

#3 Slice and dice. Then give a couple to Sherry :)

The plate looks really good today. When I was aquascaping I wasn't using the MH much due to some things being too clost to the light. I wonder if that was it. Do they split? the skeliton would lead me to believe that they don't, but if you look in the picture and follow the line of the mouth to the right, you can see an indent in the edge perfectly in line with the new long mouth(s).

I do not think it will split. They will "drop" a baby but do not split. I saw pics of this at RC a long time ago.
They do like low or med light so maybe a shady spot is in order?

Back