BiGGie's Build

I text the master Nick @this is me for advice. Feed pump will be in my middle chamber flowing into the bottom of the uv, then it will exit at the top and drain into my return chamber thus allowing the sterilized water to be distributed to my two tanks.
Thanks that’s what I was thinking I’m just going to go off my manifold through the uv and into my return chamber of the sump that way I can monitor the flow rate too

Thanks that’s what I was thinking I’m just going to go off my manifold through the uv and into my return chamber of the sump that way I can monitor the flow rate too
Make sure the UV matches your total water volume and run the correct flow rate through it whether you're using it for protozoa lower gph than algae higher gph.

Finally got a pump hooked up to the UV last night, not leaks.
PXL_20210121_232515895.jpg

UV and plumbing
PXL_20210118_155601801.jpg

Let's see how this goes.

Nice! Are you running the uv output to the return chamber? Did you think of running the output just before the baffle or below the water line to reduce air bubbles?

Looks great Paul. Are you gonna run a flow meter?
No flow meter as of yet, possibly down the road. I have a cheap Jebao DCP 2.5 running about 25% so that should put me right about right around 150 gph per Pentair's recommended flow rate for protozoa.

Good luck Paul. Setup looks great. Are you running a mall stirrer with that?
I have a kalk stirrer if that is what your asking. Not online as I'd like to see where pH settles at without it, but it's ready to go if need be.

Last edited:
I bought a couple of new fish last week, Mimic aka Chocolate tang and a Desjardini tang for the frag tank to keep the Tomini company. The tomini had to be rescued from the DT as the two spot was literally beating the hell out of it.

Not the greatest of pictures but it'll have top do for now.
PXL_20210506_234545208.jpg

I've been running the Reef Moonshiners Method for just over two weeks now. I have about another two weeks to go before I send in the next ATI test. Don't want to jinx myself quite yet, but I think I finally have the CaRx dialed in, although I'd like to drop the dKH a half point or so, but for the moment it's stable.
Here's to seeing how this tank will evolve.

Last edited:
That sailfin tangs a beauty
Thanks. I went for something unrelated to fish, when I saw it I said the hell with it. Almost pulled the plug on a powder brown as well, but didn't want to gamble too much as I already have a Tomini tang in there got beat up in another tank by a similar fish.

Bought another pair of Tunze 6095's and another ADJ Power panel the other day. Installed them this morning, probably getting another two Tunze cables and a Y connector to have the profilux control them in the next week or so. I put one in the frag tank and another in the DT. So far so good.

Back