Reef Dip Advice

Syntax

BRS Member
Hello,

I purchased a nice rainbow tenuis at a local frag swap on Saturday. I brought it home and dipped it in Red Sea Coral Dip as I have all my other acros (about 25,) and the frag lost a lot of color while it was in the dip, I have no idea why this happened and I have never had this happen to a frag. I dipped the frag with an ORA Red Planet that is doing fine. I'm looking for some advice on how to rehabilitate this frag. I currently have the coral on the bottom of the tank at around 250 par. I have the tank lit by three 250 watt metal halides, two 14k and one 10k in the center.

IMG_3212.jpg

I’ve had that happen with all the acros Ives dipped in the Red Sea dip, they’ve either turned brown or paled out and then slowly got the color back over the course of a few weeks. I would just give it normal acro conditions, light and flow and give it time personally.

Honestly, your experience is normal. Lots of these new tenuis take a beating but it’s worth it to keep out pests. It’ll recover although slower than normal but I Think you did it right.

Back