Rock-n-Reef’s IM 112 Gallon Lagoon style build (or rather the 2020 Corona build!)

18 months since starting this tank... the tank has had some good progress the last few months.

Having started with all man made rocks, it has taken quite some time for it to stabilize. Acros are starting to grow and color up. Good to see the tank with mini colonies rather than looking like a frag stand.

1644122474221.jpeg

I was traveling and I was out for about 4 weeks in Nov/Dec. My 10 year old took care of the tank while I was away. Besides showing love for her fishies with extra food :), she did a wonderful job. The extra food did reflect in a ton of algae. But the corals looked in their best of health than ever before. The extra nutrients seemed to have helped both algae and the corals

1644168886298.jpeg

1644169006565.jpeg

Came along nicely. Kudos to your daughter for taking care of things while you were away. I see she has a bird on her shoulder too. What kind?

Came along nicely. Kudos to your daughter for taking care of things while you were away. I see she has a bird on her shoulder too. What kind?

Thank you Paul! yep, she did the daily fish count, feeding and alk testing every other day. I did have apex and couple of drop cams hooked in to keep an eye.

that's a canary winged parakeet... her sidekick! it hates me and always wants to get a bite of my fingers!

Thank you Paul! yep, she did the daily fish count, feeding and alk testing every other day. I did have apex and couple of drop cams hooked in to keep an eye.

that's a canary winged parakeet... her sidekick! it hates me and always wants to get a bite of my fingers!
Lol, I never had a bird but my cousin always did, they all hate me. Hell even some of my fish want to bit my fingers.

Here is my sidekick! he is about 26 year old and a lazy goose! just my kinda guy! :LOL:

View attachment 172694
Love the African Grey. My cousin had one for about that time frame as well. Congo was it's name, it sang "How much is that doggy in the window" and had a nasty swearing issue, lol. He's been breeding and racing pigeons for the last 50 years. Big named loft in the game.

Beautiful corals and pics Ratheesh!!! Might be time for me to swing over with some bone cutters :)

Back