Votes: 62 83.8%
  • NO!.......to much work...leave it to RC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • EH!.......who cares

Votes: 11 14.9%

• Total voters

Miller

Non-member
....Last time BRS rallied up and did a TOTM was December 2006 right? I joined in November 2007 so I don't know why there hasn't been one since Dec 06.

Any interest other then me for a tank of the month? I think it would be great to see all the beauties in the club:).

I love seeing large TOTM tanks .... makes me dream of a one day mamoth tank of my own... so I dont care of the tank is large or small :)

I love 'em too, but it takes a ton of coordination to produce a ToTM article.
Gotta arrange for a visit to the winner's house. Gotta drive all that way. Gotta take a zillion pics. Gotta ask a thousand questions. Gotta beg the owner to write up meat for the article. Gotta nag the owner to get you the promised meat for the article. Gotta nag again. Gotta put it all together and format....

Wel I will have one up the end of this week, begining of next week. Already shot then next one and have a few lined up.

I was really hoping to get this up and running last year but having a baby didn't really help. On top of the server move the BRS had, we had a large change in server and forum administration.

But You will be seeing them on a regualr basis now.

barry your right there is so much work that goes into any tank from 5 gallons 2 560+ and the people sould be able 2 see these awsome tanks of the month good luck

I'm in the who cares category. Just about all of us all know what each others tanks look like as well as their history since this is a relatively small forum. Tank of the month should be kept to RC or other massive reefing communities.

Wel I will have one up the end of this week, begining of next week. Already shot then next one and have a few lined up.

I was really hoping to get this up and running last year but having a baby didn't really help. On top of the server move the BRS had, we had a large change in server and forum administration.

But You will be seeing them on a regualr basis now.

SWWEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!

I'm definitly for having TOTM, I actually still look at the 4 on the TOTM page quite a lot, even though I can pretty much recite the articles word for word...The best thing is there are a lot of QUALITY photos, and I enjoy looking at plumbing setups or fish room pics...And I really think that at least half of the TOTM's should be tanks that are 120galls or LESS, The big dogs get all the love, either that or its a nano, never a 75 or a 90, or 65...I can name 2 or 3 tanks under 100galls (display only It doesnt matter if they have a 1000gall water tank for added volume as long as the display is small or on the small side) that I believe are worthy!! So I'm all for TOTM's..Bring them Back ASAP!!:D

I'm definitly for having TOTM, I actually still look at the 4 on the TOTM page quite a lot, even though I can pretty much recite the articles word for word...The best thing is there are a lot of QUALITY photos, and I enjoy looking at plumbing setups or fish room pics...And I really think that at least half of the TOTM's should be tanks that are 120galls or LESS, The big dogs get all the love, either that or its a nano, never a 75 or a 90, or 65...I can name 2 or 3 tanks under 100galls (display only It doesnt matter if they have a 1000gall water tank for added volume as long as the display is small or on the small side) that I believe are worthy!! So I'm all for TOTM's..Bring them Back ASAP!!:D

I agree... I don't think TOTM should always consist of the biggest and best... I think nanos to 100gl should be considered every now and then... and on the other hand I'm sure it's a PIA to coordinate with the owners to actually do a TOTM... So I go either way... if we have it great, if not then understandable.

Michael

maybe two categories.....

LTOTM - Large Tank of the Month (75 gal and over)
STOTM - Small Tank of the Month (20 gal and under)

Comparing large tanks to small tanks is like comparing apples to oranges. They are entirely different concepts.

And I like seeing great examples of both types.

Comparing large tanks to small tanks is like comparing apples to oranges. They are entirely different concepts.

What about us with tanks between 20 and 75 gallons? :D

What about us with tanks between 20 and 75 gallons?

Were not important. :p

Maybe we should do Tank of the Yearly Quarter, that way theres enough time to put everything together and not make it a stressful obligation. just an idea

What could happen is this could all be incorporated in the Magazine... I think people could take pics and include detailed info on their tanks, send it to whom ever is in charge of the mag and let him/her decide which to put in the article... There could 2 spots in the Mag. one for large aquariums and one for small aquariums... providing the pics are quality and the info is somewhat detailed.

Michael

Back