• YES!......TOTM TOTM

Votes: 62 83.8%
  • NO!.......to much work...leave it to RC

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • EH!.......who cares

Votes: 11 14.9%

• Total voters
maybe two categories.....

LTOTM - Large Tank of the Month (75 gal and over)
STOTM - Small Tank of the Month (20 gal and under)

Comparing large tanks to small tanks is like comparing apples to oranges. They are entirely different concepts.

And I like seeing great examples of both types.

Cool,that leaves us mid-tank size people out.:)
I must agree with reefried though.It is really cool to see other hobbyist fishrooms and ingenious ways they do water changes,maintenance..ect..ect

Just to be able to see all the great tanks in this club would be fantastic. Not everyone travels around to see all the tanks out there. I think it would be great to have a LTOTM and a STOTM, like 100 and over and 92 and under something like that. The logistics are certainly a challenge, however.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by APISTOBORELLI
What about us with tanks between 20 and 75 gallons?

Woops....looks like Martin messed up

Well Barry, I intentionally left out tanks between 20-75 gallons, because......um...well......because i have two of them (a 55 and a 37).

as far as totm is concerned, i am purely a voyeur......too wimpy to compete.

:D

I like the Quarterly idea.... :)

and the Lrg/sm idea as well.

Michael

Me too!

LToTQ and SToTQ...:cool:

Each quarter they could have a Large and Small tank (8 tanks total) or rotate each quarter Small, Large, Small, Large (4 tanks total).

How about this one too?

TLLTWTOTM

Tank least likley to win tank of the month ;)

I nominate myself for this one :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about this one too?

TLLTWTOTM

Tank least likley to win tank of the month

I nominate myself for this one

i second the nomination.

justkidding :D

I have been wondering about the totm's for a while and why we dont do them on a regular basis. Though I totally understand the logistics of putting something like this together on a monthly. I am sure it is a real pita.
I think a tank of the quarter sounds like a good idea. But now it looks like it would be LTOTM , STOTM, and FOWLRTOTM thats 12 tanks right there. So the work load is the same. I have a FOWLR tank myself and I just dont feel it would be as interesting as the reefs, to most people.

So IMO doing a Large tank of the quarter and a small tank of the quarter. Would be the best idea. That would make 8 tanks for the year thus cutting the work load by 4.
As for a gallon limit or size I dont know. I think my tank is beautifull and maybe a totm (someday). At 72 gallons I dont think there is anyway I could compete with the big boys.

haha sweet! thats 2...anyone want to compete with me?

Actually, at the risk of appearing to have a conflict of interest, I would like to nominate either of my tanks.
:D

I think it should be one tank large,medium or small that gets TOTQ. If a nano has been done correctly, and is beautiful then it deserves TOTQ same goes for the rest of the sizes. IMO A well done tank should be able to compete with any volume. :D Kinda defeats the purpose of keeping TOTQ simple.

Sounds like we need a thread with information about nominating/submitting tanks to be considered for ToTQ then a thread with a poll to vote on them!:D

ToTQ ToTQ ToTQ ToTQ

Good idea,

I have a problem tho. In order to get nominated the member must submit a photo of their own tank. Right?
Now what happens if that member has the worlds most incredible tank(according to them), and is really terrible at taking pics of it.

<--------:D

Would we then make a list of people in certain area's (RI, North shore, etc) that would be willing and able to take pictures of the members tank for them?
God know thats the only way I would ever get nominated. LOL
Or would it be just that say someone comes to your house. And says I am going to nominate you for TOTM , kind of thing.

Back