Search results

1. Coalminer

Frogspawn dying? Now war coral

It looks like my hammer that started dying due to low alk. I believe euphylia are sensitive to Mg as well.
  2. Coalminer

Any lfs up toward Portsmouth NH?

I know there's a guy, Eric i think, who is somewhere in the Portsmouth area. Seacoast Aquatics, maybe? https://www.facebook.com/Seacoast-Aquatics-LLC-1105186042841239/
  3. Coalminer

Hammer slowly bailing out.

Hey! Yeah, let me know if you want some GSP for old time's sake. It's climbing the side glass and I'll have to trim it soon. Do you still have the tank running in your classroom?
  4. Coalminer

Loss of a friend

Gary was very kind to me when I was first starting up. Visited his home and got to see his beautiful tank, still have a Kenya tree he gave me. I'll definitely miss his videos and that Welsh accent! He was a great guy.
  5. Coalminer

I guess I'm just seriously underestimating the amount of alk and calc getting used. Thanks again for the help.
  6. Coalminer

Update: My hammer is down to about 3 heads from 23-25. I think that this is just a symptom of a larger problem. Here are my water measurements from today. I look horribly negligent here, but I swear that I do check stuff, it just doesnt always happen at once and get logged! Alk and Mag are...
  7. Coalminer

Thanks, I knew that Ca was needed for building skeletons, but I didn't realize that it was impact an LPS that much if it was deficient. I dosed a mix that I have on hand, but I probably need to look for something more regular.
  8. Coalminer

Hey guys, I've been absent for a while, but my tank is still plugging along, other than an issue with my hammer. Over the past 2 weeks or so, it's been slowly bailing out heads one at a time. At first i thought that it was just the heads that were next to the rock work, either getting picked...
  9. Coalminer

Heat/Humidity Wave

Hmmmmm.... So its not just me. Been running at 82-83 degrees most days. Haven't found a really good solution. Or cost effective? Is that the word I'm looking for? Ha ha.
  10. Coalminer

Official April 2016 SPS Growount Contest Thread

Does Chlorinated win by default? Lol
  11. Coalminer

How to improve color to be the opposite of tan?

Is it a size issue or will any toadstool interact poorly with SPS?
  12. Coalminer

Egg crate escape!

Wow, must have been just the right angle and escape velocity. Lol. Glad that your Midas survived.
  13. Coalminer

my way overstocked 40b and 30 fuge :-)

Looking good, man.
  14. Coalminer

Zoa and Paly Progress

That's what I'm hoping for. Just not sure how the taller and shorter polyps will grow together. Like I don't know whether I should be concerned about moving the midases.
  15. Coalminer

Zoa and Paly Progress

Sharing a quick pic I took today showing paly and zoa growth. They looked so good, it makes me happy... :) Pink palys, Sunny Ds, and people eaters are from Josh (wiz) Tangerine Twisters from FragFreaks Light pink zoas (Kedd Reds?) from Frank Purple Death Palys from the fragging demo back...
  16. Coalminer

Chlorinated's Innovative Marine 20 Gallon Mixed Reef

Really nice pics. Your tank looks good.
  17. Coalminer

Coalminer's 30 Gallon Nuvo Tank

7 month update! Feels like it hasn't been that long... The algae is seeming to stay away, but other, less aggressive algaes have crept in now that the GHA is gone. Keeping an eye on that. On a related note, my emerald crab died about 3-4 weeks ago. About 2 weeks after it died, I had 3 bubbles...
  18. Coalminer

New growth?

Nice. My hammer has similar growths. Like cute little mini-heads. I'm just curious how they will fit into the existing heads. like yours, there doesn't appear to be a lot of room between the mature heads.
  19. Coalminer

Fish Goo - June 4th Meeting

Bummer. Finally on a Sat and its in Taunton... Little bit far from NH.
  20. Coalminer

Can anyone identify these zoas

Are they actually that pale and washed-out looking? Or is that just the lighting?
Back