Search results

1. S

WTB 250W metal halide fixtures

Looking to buy 3 metal halide fixtures reflectors ballasts etc. Would prefer single ended.
  2. S

WTB 61 inch aquaticlife hybrid fixture w/ 24" endplates

As the title states. Looking to buy a 61 inch aquaticlife LED/TV fixture with the extensions to make it 24 inches wide.
  3. S

Plumbing horizontal runs inside an internal wall

I am in the middle of a basement remodel where I'm planning to put a large tank. I want to run my drains and return behind a wall about 15 horizontal feet to my sump which will be in another space. The wall is just framing at the moment, is there anything I should do to prepare the plumbing? The...
  4. S

Local acrylic tank manufacturers

I'm looking to get a 8' x 2.5' x 2' aquarium made in acrylic. I've considered typical places like Tenecor and Tsunami, but is there anywhere local I should consider?
  5. S

WTB 4 foot tank

Looking for something 4 foot. Typical 90g footprint is ok, would prefer 4ftx2ft though. Just getting back into this so packages are appealing. Let me know if someone has something for sale fitting.
  6. S

How to be sure my floor will hold?

Hi all, I am considering putting a 6 ft tank in my living room on the main level of my house, ideally something in the 180-200 gallon range. Together with sump and ATO I'm guessing this would come to something like 260 gallons of water. The basement is directly below this spot and so I'm a...
  7. S

WTB Auqa Shield UV Sterilizer Desktop

Anyone have one of these small UV sterilizers I can buy or even just borrow to kill off a dino bloom?
  8. S

Free Chaeto

I have a small cup of chaeto if anyone needs some. Pests in the tank include aptasia that I've been killing as I see them (but not in the chaeto I wouldnt think) and bristle stars. I'm in northborough.
  9. S

A good place for one or two large pieces of liverock?

I'm getting back into the hobby setting up a very small (10g) reef. Where's a good place to get liverock where I won't feel like a dick fussing over how to arrange a few select pieces into workable arrangement? In the past I've always just ordered a ton and figured it out but in this case I dont...
  10. S

Gone Free 180 gallon tank + stand + sump + lights +pumps + heaters

I am giving away a 180 gallon glass tank from my old residence. You would need to drain, disconnect the overflow and transport it out (no stairs involved). I don't really have current pictures but it's been running "empty" for a couple years at this point. There's slight scratches on one of the...
  11. S

Free 180 gallon tank/stand with sump

I am giving away a 180 gallon glass tank from my old residence. You would need to drain, disconnect the overflow and transport it out (no stairs involved). I don't really have current pictures but it's been running "empty" for a couple years at this point. There's slight scratches on one of the...
  12. S

Any LFS currently stocking lyretail anthias?

Got a shipment of 5 from LA on Wednesday with 4 DOA and the fifth upside down and barely breathing. Against all odds I think the fifth will make it so now I'd like to get the little harem going through QT at the same time to avoid sex problems. Anyone know a local source for small-medium...
  13. S

Heater talk

I recently started quarantining the first fish for my 180 and I'm a little worried about how "good" my quarantine setup is. I bought a brand new Ebo Jager 100w for it (it's 10g) but the temperature systematically fluctuates between 80 and 78 (doesn't turn on till below 78 and then turns on till...
  14. S

Refugium vs algae scrubber vs algae reactor

Currently I don't have a refugium and I don't really have room for it in my sump. As such I've been looking for the best option. I could add a separate refugium under my stand, next to my sump but I started to consider simply going with an algae scrubber or macroalgae reactor. Neither of these...
  15. S

Best way to deal with slow leak in sump

it seems that I have a slow leak in my sump. The previous owner had an external skimmer/return which has a plug blocking up the old piping. I thought it was solid but now I'm realizing there is a slow leak out of it... maybe to the tune of 5 mL per day... not a lot. What's the best way to...
  16. S

Hitchhiker ID

Hi, I just noticed two hitchhikers that I'm unsure of. They look pretty similar but one is greyish and one is fluorescent green. They both seem to be mobile on the timescale of hours. It makes me think they are anenomes. Are they pests?
  17. S

Protein skimmer pump acting funny

I am just setting up a used external RO skimmer. It seems to run fine but sometimes it seems to lose the aeration from it's flow (or the impellar is skipping or something). I can hear when it's happening which makes me wonder if it isn't the impellar. But if I watch the flow into the chamber...
  18. S

bulkhead fitting for 1/4" RO/DI tubing

I am curious how people handle making water tight lines for 1/4" tubing, for instance in top off containers or what have you. I haven't been able to locate any plastic fittings that seem like they'd provide a water tight connection.
  19. S

Purchasing a 3/4" bulkhead fitting locally

Filling my tank last night and I found the hard way that my return bulkhead has failed (if I was smart I would have filled the overflow first). I happened to have one on order already but it won't arrive till Saturday. Anyone local have one for sale or know where I can get one? I should...
  20. S

Buying a non-standard sized tank

Hi, after a long absence I'm trying g to get back into the hobby. I think I'd like a 60x24x24 inch tank (I like the 24 inch depth but don't have room for the standard 6 footers). Some suppliers make these but it seems much more rare and I'm not real hopeful of finding a used one in the area...
Back