Search results

1. Reeferer

NEAQ System Diagram

Lol! Yeah it is a pretty serious system. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Reeferer

NEAQ System Diagram

A friend of mine gave the fam the behind the scenes tour yesterday and I snapped a pic of the system diagram. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Reeferer

Thanh's DSA 135G

Very impressive start to a beautiful tank. Aquascaping looks amazing!
  4. Reeferer

Recommendations on a dosing pump for ALK and CAL

I used two drews dosers for 5 years to dose Alk and Calc. Both were setup on programmable timers for 8 times per day. You will constantly have to adjust and re-adjust the timers. The longest I ever went was 2-3 months before I had to re-adjust. You are always guessing on exact ml dosed and...
  5. Reeferer

Gloves

I am more concerned about breathing in some nasty stuff and getting an inhalation reaction but never too worried about touching corals. Just wash your hands afterwards.
  6. Reeferer

reef octapus

Go for a diablo dc 5500 pump from coralvue for less electric and better control and less cost than the BB pump.
  7. Reeferer

Kole Tang in a 60 cube?

I had one in my 54 corner. It will be just fine in your 60 cube.
  8. Reeferer

video of my tank

Very nice! I really like your rock work and choice of sps corals. How do you like the Apollo led?
  9. Reeferer

6 bulb T5 combination for good growth

I would add two led strip lights to your current 4 bulb setup. This will give you the 6 bulb rating, and add a shimmer affect to the setup. You also will have two less t5 bulbs to replace every 8 months.
  10. Reeferer

bio pellet reactor advice

I have this reactor. You are going to need a decent size pump like a mag 5 to keep the bio pellets moving for a long period of time. From my short experience with bio pellets I do no think the brand makes a huge difference. You can buy sponges for this reactor to run carbon or gfo in the...
  11. Reeferer

Considering Reef Breeders Photon 24 for 40 breeder

Lastly, BRA is going to give me $40 off each Nova A8. PM me if you decide to go with the A8 and I can try to get you the discount too.
  12. Reeferer

Nova A8 link http://www.barrierreefaquariums.com/productcart/pc/EverGrow-NOVA-A8-22-LED-Custom-Tuned-by-BRA-515p11457.htm
  13. Reeferer

Check out the BRA Evergrow 2060. http://www.barrierreefaquariums.com/productcart/pc/EverGrow-Controllable-IT2060-24-LED-Custom-Tuned-by-BRA-515p11451.htm It is the same light with slightly different LED layouts. I personally was thinking about using two of the Evergrow Nova A8's over two Reef...
  14. Reeferer

3....2....1....meltdown.

I had a pump let lose and dump 60 gallons of water onto my basement floor Sunday night. I woke up to this Monday at 6am. Great way to start the week. The worst part was the 30 gallons of kalkwasser top off water that made my tank so cloudy I could not see a single coral or fish. Luckily I had...
  15. Reeferer

Adding live sand to established system

Thanks for all the responses. I think I will just add a 20 lbs every 10 to 14 days.
  16. Reeferer

Adding live sand to established system

I will be adding 120lbs of live black argonite sand to my 200 gallon system. I am debating on washing it and possibly letting it dry and die before adding. I feel that the live sand is going to do more harm than anything. I will add the entire 120lbs slowly over a couple months I am...
  17. Reeferer

Aquascaping

Tape out your tank dimensions on a floor or somewhere you can tinker around with different aquascapes. Once you decide on a specific aquascape you can transfer it to your tank. This alleviates dropping rocks in your tank and allows for easy access and changes without accidentally breaking your tank.
  18. Reeferer

Return line blockage

I dose a large amount of 2 part per day. Not Sure exactly but 8 times a day at 50 minutes with a drews doses at 1.6ml per minute. Using baked baking soda and have about 150 gallons currently. However I have always had to use about twice as much as the recommended BRS calculator. I have not...
  19. Reeferer

Return line blockage

I dose Randy's two part alk and calc eight times a day for each with a timer and dosing pumps. This is as spread out as I can make it. It is dosed to the sump area because I want the solutions to dilute before they move to the display tank. I think I will try putting a powerhead where the two...
  20. Reeferer

Return line blockage

It is hard and probably calcium buildup as many have suggested. I dose two part with dosing pumps set to dose about eight times a day alternating between calcium and alk. The dosing pumps are in the sump one and two baffles before the return compartment. I have had to replace this about three or...
Back