Search results

1. R

Sold Full 120 gallon tank. Rock and live stock ONLY. Need to shut down for a bit

While it makes me sad, my upcoming travel schedule has forced the reality that I need to shut down my healthy and thriving 120 at least temporarily. Coral, nems, fish and rock are healthy. I will post pictures in the coming days. As I am pretty busy with planning and preparing for the big trip...
  2. R

Gone RBT, Purple Gorgonians and Artic Ice Pallies - two of each

Hello all- Looking to trade for LPS or Zoas, but will sell 2x Purple Gorgonians: 4" and bushy and 5-6" tall: $45 each 2x RBT (very good color, rainbow?): See the mother group and the picture of the 2 babies on the back wall: $35 each 2x Artic Ice Pally colonies (+/- 35 polyps each): $25...
  3. R

Gone Gorgonian, Toadstool and RBT Sale or Trade

I have had all three pieces for a long time. Pick up in Norton, MA Purple Gorgonian is a daughter off of a colony I have had for years, this was fragged maybe a year ago and doing well. It is approx 4"x 4" and well branched $40 or trade Toadstool is white/light green toadstool that is pretty...
  4. R

Reefcleaners group buy

Anyone interested in splitting the shipping on a Reefcleaners order for delivery right after new years? I am in Norton and around during the day to accept and acclimate
  5. R

Looking for a 15-20 babies, anyone breeding?

I am restarting my 120 having lost most of my stock in the October power failure...
  6. R

October Storm Disaster and Rebuild

We were in Denver having driving out to visit our daughter when the storm and associated multi-day power failure hit in October. I had a neighbor go is who saw "dead fish everywhere." My cousin came by and tried to pull out what he could, but missed all of the big ones mainly a large Foxface...
  7. R

GFCI Issue

Seems I have a new problem... my basement sump (2x DC return pumps, skimmer, 1/2 my heating, UV) seems to br tripping the GFCI in the panel when coming back from a power failure. Not every time, but has happened twice now in the last 2 weeks. Thoughts? Bad breaker?
  8. R

Gone Fighting Conch 3"

$25 in Norton or frag trade (LPS, Zoa) Bought it at OSA a few weeks ago, just too big for how tight my bottom real estate is these days.
  9. R

WTT Looking to buy a healthy Diamond Goby - south of Boston

I know people get annoyed with the sand moving, but they are one of my favorites. Bought one at LFS recently that did not make it.
  10. R

Miracle Mud

Thinking about adding to fuge, would start with 2 lbs in 120 gallon system. Anyone have personal experience with the product?
  11. R

Nitrate and Phosphate test kits

I have lost confidence in my Salferit Nitrate and Hanna ULR Phosphorus (out of reagent also)... thinking about the Red Sea Algae Control kit for NO3 and NO4. Anyone use them? Happy? Better alternatives?
  12. R

Getting Nitrates UP - Dinofalgellates

I have been struggling with dinoflagellates. no microscope so not sure exactly which ones, but they brown webs over the rock, strings mostly on my Gorgonians and on one area of sand. The die back in the dark and come back with a vengeance under the lights. I am 90% certain it is an imbalance...
  13. R

Gone Free Chaeto in Norton

Trying to get my Nitrates UP. Going out today. Healthy aphasia free system
  14. R

WTB Cheato near Norton

As part of my battle with dino that I am winning (won?) I dump a mess of cheato. Anyone have any?
  15. R

Equipment Failure - Jeabo 4 head dosing pump near disaster

My 55 gallon sump for my 120 DT on the 1st floor is in the basement, while this does present some challenges overall I am very pleased with the approach, now the story... The other day I went down to check on things and the sump water level was quite high. When the return pump need a citric...
  16. R

Gone Nice chunk of yellow polyp. 3"x2" 75+ polyps

$40 or trade. Very healthy, grows well. Had it 2+ years and have propagated onto 2 areas of my rock. Just no place for this chunk at the moment. Norton MA - close to 495
  17. R

Sold Huge GSP on bridge rock

Been growing this for a while, moved a chunk to the right where it is growing up the wall of the overflow in my 120. It is about 8-9" wide and 6-7" tall on a really nice piece of arched live rock I bought from Lovely Pet as my seed rock in the prior tank Saw a piece about 1/2 this size today...
  18. R

Chasing Alk...

Looking for feedback here... I am having a hard time keeping Alk consistently up. I am targeting 9.0 I am at 7.6 -7.7 Alk after a 20-25% water change with Reef Crystals and 400 CA. Ph is rock steady at 8.3 My setup: 120 mixed reef (Soft, LPS, SPS, Zoa) SCA display, 55 basement sump...
  19. R

WTT Photo Synthetic Gorgonian

First picture is the mother colony (+/- 12") that I bought over a year ago (what is it about this hobby that has us meeting strangers in parking lots and handing them cash for baggies? LOL). The second is 4-5" frags for $25 each or trade. Frags are healed and fully opening. When it is in...
  20. R

Fuzzy mushroom eating mysis

Had not seen this before...
Back